What is spanish for dirty monkey

0

I was in Barra de Navidad and had a drink called a Dirty Monkey - I think it was changa souciou or something like that but can't find it.
Also, do you have any reccomendations for learning spanish in a certain dialect? (Jalisco) It seems there are many different ways to speak it that mean different things in different areas. I would like to concentrate on Jalisco.
Thanks for any help.

posted by maria4

0

I am from Spain and we have no dirty monkeys over here. jejejeje

0

I'm sorry I didn't add a reply before, I was to busy.
OK, first, you're welcome, adn second the right way to use dates is:
today is feb. 13th 2008. = "hoy es trece de febrero de dos mil ocho"
In spanish we use cardinal numbers for dates, except the first day.
.

posted by Jorge
0

Thank you Jorge,
When we were in Barra, our fishing guide Bernardo, said there are at least 6 distinct dialects in Mexico, and sometimes he does not understand what other Mexicans are saying. The difference of chongo=mono would be a good example. That is why I was thinking I should only concentrate on one area. But, there is much to learn just learning the core. Is this correct - today is trecera de febrero dos mil ocho. Domingo.

posted by maria4
0

It means "mono sucio" in some countries chango = mono.
There are many ways of speaking the spanish language, I'm Bolivian, i speak spanish since i started to talk. when I'm with some friends from Colombia or Mexico somtimes I have to ask "What's that'". If you're trying to learn a language, I think it's better if you learn it from the core, without regionalisms or modisms.

posted by Jorge
0

I'm not sure of the first word because the word for monkey is mono, simio, macaco, mico, antropoide. The second word should be sucio.

posted by Cherry