HomeQ&ALearn Spanish 4.8 problems

Learn Spanish 4.8 problems

0

The flashcards for 4.8 do not all have pictures and the pronunciation for some words, for example geografía, is awful.

updated AGO 24, 2009
posted by ian-hill

1

Ian:

Although it does not provide perfect native accent, the site I am about to recommend gives a great approximation to the real thing (select "Antonio", not "María"):

http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-speech-interactive-demo.html

Enter your words or your sentences. Overall, I'd say the the machine pronunciation is more than good enough to blend in with other natives.

updated AGO 24, 2009
posted by lazarus1907
0

Just wanted to put in my two-bob's worth..

I have been slowly trawling through the 4. series and how I "get around" the problem of no picture - first I do the entire exercise with just a random "click" of any letter. It gives me all the answers, which I write down. I then re-do the exercise - it's kind of cheating but I consider that I'm reinforcing lots of words...

Annie.

updated AGO 1, 2009
posted by nonombre
0

Ian:

Thank you Lazarus

updated AGO 1, 2009
posted by ian-hill
0

I have that problem with my "Learn Spanish" and I am only on 1.15

You're going to find it happens sporadically no matter what lesson you are on. It seems to be a server problem pulling the photos from a folder or database and loading them onto the page (or corrupted links). You may have noticed that we're having problems with photos almost everywhere: avatars, attachments to PM's, replies, etc. No matter what the cause, let's hope that it doesn't happen as often after the site revisions.

updated AGO 1, 2009
0

lan Francis Hill:

updated AGO 1, 2009
posted by eric_collins
0

Hi Quentin

I was using IE.

The pronunciation of words with "tildes" used to be good.

By the way, you are aware that you can turn off images under options, aren't you? I managed to get all 200 points on the Recognize by turning off the images (and guessing at the terrible pronunciations).

Yes I do that sometimes anyway when I'm feeling lucky.

Is that a Clint Eastwood reference''!! smile

updated AGO 1, 2009
posted by Jason7R
0

Hi Quentin

I was using IE.

posted by ian-hill
0

Hi Quentin

I was using IE.

0

Hi Quentin
I was using IE.

posted by ian-hill
0

I PM'ed Paralee about 12 hours ago telling her about the pictures not loading. I'd be interested to know what browser you are using. I was having all kinds of problems.
Chrome: no lesson listed
IE: male reading Spanish, but only about 1/2 the pictures.
Firefox: female, reading English and only about 1/2 the pictures.