"He's my guy"

0

I would like to know, please, the way I could say "Hi, guy" in the Euro version of Spanish? In other words, very familiar, endearing; almost a substitute for a nickname, "guy" being that. I have a very dear (male) friend who I communicate with and we have been using "tío" in this way but I am wondering if there is another word'

posted by Mark-Wallace

0

Gracias wink I had researched pareja and am going with that, since we are neither "engaged" or (officially) bf's--LOL--just very special relationship... so mi pareja it is....

cool smile

posted by Mark-Wallace
0

You can also say pareja.

Mi tío would sound weird. Like he is your uncle. smirk

I mean, if you want to be very straigtforward, pareja, if not so much,* compañero*, or simply amigo.

Ohh, and if you want to be veeeery clear: mi novio

0

...kinda' saying "Hi, [MY] guy"...

Awwww....that is SO sweet!

0

Thank you wink Yeah, in a romantic way. He suggested tío and I know it's colloquial but that's what I'm after..kinda' saying "Hi, [MY] guy", know what I mean? Like we both know what the intended feeling is..

posted by Mark-Wallace
0

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum smile

In a romantic way? I would say:

mi compañero
mi amigo
mi amigo del alma

Tío is very colloquial for guy, like,

Hey guy, what's up?
Oye tío, ¿qué hay'