HomeQ&AHow do I make my flashcard lists public?

How do I make my flashcard lists public?

0

When I began using this site, I was happily surprised to find several good medical vocab lists, and noticed they were most likely made by fellow members of the site. I decided that as I continued learning medical spanish, I would help by contributing my own medical vocab lists.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to make my lists public, attach keywords, or make them findable by anyone (other than me) who might care to use them. Any ideas?

Cameron

updated AGO 1, 2009
posted by randomraccoon

0

HI random, flashcards lists are private by defect. this measure was taken after we had to spend like 4 months to* clean* the flashcards with a hell of a lot of mistakes in them, already mentioned by Lazarus. Unfortunately we could not finish this work, as the site had a serious problem.

However, if you want to send the deck to any of your friends or to a member, like Lazarus, who has expressed his will to check them, just add the link to them here or by PM.
Hi Heidita
Flashcards lists are private by DEFAULT not defect,
Just thought I'd point that out. smile

updated AGO 1, 2009
posted by ian-hill
0

Thanks that really helps!

updated AGO 1, 2009
posted by randomraccoon
0

You are right random, this is what the RAE says:

alérgeno.

(De alergia y ''geno).

1. m. Sustancia que, al introducirse en el organismo, lo sensibiliza para la aparición de los fenómenos de la alergia.

Our dictionary is lacking the accent.

Your lists are excellent, Random. But even being very careful, there is always a mistake or two...have them looked over by a friend.

0

You're right. If that many mistakes can leak into the list when I think I'm being careful, spell check is a necessity. I downloaded both Mexico and Spain versions of the Spanish dictionary.

I don't think I got the word for allergen wrong, though. Would the dictionaries that SpanishDict uses to translate be incorrect, or does "el alergeno" need the accent over the e'

posted by randomraccoon
0

symptom el síntoma

act of swallowing la deglución

I found these on the second set.

0

HI random, you must use a spell check, then these mistakes do not ocurr.

la enfermedad crónica
el alérgeno

However, good job. grin

0

Thanks so much for the speedy reply, Heidita! It makes me sad that I can't make them public, but if anyone has the desire to check them, here are the links.

Asthma related vocab, found in related related articles at Yahoo! Salud
http://my.spanishdict.com/flashcards/show/4173

Heartburn related vocab, also Yahoo! Salud
http://my.spanishdict.com/flashcards/show/4174

PS. Thanks for the great ideas and perspective on trustworthy sources, Lazarus. I'll remember that.

posted by randomraccoon
0

So you cant make your own flashcards public? Well I suppose that the sending thing works... smile

posted by eric_collins
0

0

When it comes to Internet, I am very suspicious in general, because I see too much rubbish everyday. I am about to embark myself into a Medical degree adventure, and although this doesn't give me the authority to make medical judgements, at least I've studied some Latin and Greek, and I've been reading about it for some time now. In any case, when I have doubts, I seek professional advice, and in this case, my sources are friends and family members who are doctors both in English and Spanish speaking countries, plus books published for professionals in both languages.

posted by lazarus1907
0

Thanks for the offer! Right now I'm just pulling vocab off of medical information articles written in spanish: for example, those at "Yahoo! Salud" http://yahoo.drtango.com/, which I've found very helpful. I have realized that there are all sorts of mistakes in other flashcard lists, or at least variations in dialect, which I agree is frustrating. I'll try to go by what most fluent medical literature uses.

posted by randomraccoon
0

Hi,

I haven't used this forum enough to know how these lists work, but I've been here long enough to know that these lists are FULL of mistakes.

I am personally quite interested in medicine. I have two Spanish-English medical dictionaries, plus several others only in English and Spanish, plus a healthy collection of medical books in general. I am no translator, but I am a Spanish teacher, and I take these things very seriously, so let me know if you want me to verify any translation, and I'll do my best (again, I am not a professional).

posted by lazarus1907