HomeQ&Adime con quien andas y te dire quien eres

dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres

0

I believe "dime" is the conjugated form of a verb, but I can't seem to find it. "andas" as a noun translates to "coffin" in English, but I am more inclined to think it a conjugated form of the verb "andar". Can anyone help me refine the translation? Thanks in advance, Vanessa

updated AGO 18, 2009
posted by Vanessa-L-Norsworthy

1

..And andas is in fact the conjugated form of "andar" (second person sing).Eres=second person sing of "ser"

Any more doubts? Don't hesitate to ask.

updated AGO 18, 2009
1

I think a more natural translation of andar in this context is "associate with" or, more colloquially, "hang around with."

Even more naturally, "Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are."

updated AGO 18, 2009
posted by 00bacfba
James has given us the actual English saying that corresponds with this Spanish saying. - Nathaniel, AGO 18, 2009
0

James' "Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are." does, indeed, capture the sense of the Spanish refrán but is not, to the best of my knowledge, a "fixed phrase" in English. The more traditional equivalent in English would be "You are known by the company (that) you keep."

updated AGO 18, 2009
posted by samdie
0

Que error. No me molesta. Ya he dicho que no me alcanza el vocabulario. El puente es la manera en que llegamos al continente (Inglaterra), marea alta o baja. Tengo mi propia companía pequeña que hace instalaciónes de la electricidad y el aire acondicionado. Soy practicamente jubilado, porque mi yerno y mi hijo trabajan for el empresa. Son las veinte y veinte o las ocho y veinte por la noche. Canvey island se encuentra a eso de setenta kilómetros de Londres.

updated AGO 18, 2009
Has England been promoted to the status of "continent". If so, it must have at the same time, acquired the distinction of being (by far) the smallest continent. jeje. - samdie, AGO 18, 2009
0

Tell me with who you hang with, and I will tell who you are.

updated AGO 18, 2009
posted by Idalmis
'Tell me who you hang with', or 'Tell me with whom you hang'. The two 'withs' are a no-no. - Martyn, AGO 18, 2009
0

no puedo encontrar besotes en mi diccionario. pero beso es "kiss". así, es de suponer que besotes quiere decir "lots of kisses" es verdad'

updated AGO 18, 2009
probably "big" kiss http://lomastv.com/lessons.php?lesson_id=102 - 0074b507, AGO 18, 2009
0

I will tell you who YOU are

updated MAY 7, 2008
0

andas is translated as andar verb. andas is second person you. dime is a verb it is two together di from decir to say or tell to say me for first person I.

Tell me who you walk with and I will tell you who it is.

I think that is right

updated MAY 7, 2008
posted by Vanessa
0

Hey, we all make mistakes, no problem. Are you OK now with regards starting a new discussion'

updated MAY 7, 2008
0

Thanks, Eddy. Sorry for the wrong placement of the post. Yo soy un newbie.

updated MAY 7, 2008
posted by Randy
0

Te felicito - I congratulate you.

However, it is more like below if another bloke is saying it.

Te felicito - You lucky sod

updated MAY 7, 2008
0

Can someone tell me what "eres un hombre muy apuesto te felicito" means. I understand the first part, but I'm not sure what "te felicito" means. Thanks

updated MAY 7, 2008
posted by Randy
0

Or
Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are.

posted by motley
0

I'm afraid that is incorrect, as "dime" is indeed a conjugated form. Di here is conjugated from the infinitive (base form) of the verb decir. Dime is a compound word composed of the conjugated form di plus the indirect object pronoun me.

Wikipedia has this to say: Spanish verbs are conjugated in four categories known as moods: indicative, subjunctive, imperative and the traditionally so-called infinitive mood.

Note that imperative is a form of conjugation.

posted by 00bacfba
0

dime isn't a conjugated form of the verb it is the command form of decir...o mandato... just like da is of dar....

posted by lacositacass