sufrir detransitive verb phrase
1. (to experience a certain illness or pain)
2. (to experience health problems in a certain part of the body)
a. to have bad
Creo que mi esposo sufre de las rodillas porque esquió mucho de joven.I think my husband has bad knees because he skied a lot when he was young.
Paco sufre del estómago.Paco has stomach problems.
Mi abuelo Jacinto sufría de la espalda.Grandad Jacinto had back issues.
3. (to be in a bad state because of)
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?