¿El Bautismo o El Bautizo?

0

confused Can anyone tell me, if there is a difference between bautizo & bautismo...? If there is, would anyone care to explain? Pretty Please!? ...Yo realmente podría usar algo de ayuda. downer

updated OCT 3, 2012
posted by Aisha-E-Norman

0

Toni put it much better than me. Mexican usage is identical to the one in Spain.

Nathaniel, there are countless nouns in Spanish derived from the verb:

bautizar: bautizo
encontrar: encuentro
decretar: decreto
protestar: protesta
avisar: aviso

posted by lazarus1907
0

Really Lazarus?

Bautizo seems like a verb (to me) and bautismo seems like a noun (to me).

I was a missionary and used those words quite frequently and (to me) they have very different meanings.

But, I will defer to you because you are a native speaker and are usually right on the money.

posted by Nathaniel
0

Oh... Thank you so very much, 'Sr. Member'. I have another favor to ask; Are there any differences in a hispanic christening, as opposed to a regular english-based one? I've come to believe that most of hispanic society follows catholicism, so... is there any special custom that is specifically tied to a hispanic christening? blank stare

posted by Aisha-E-Norman
0

Bautizo es the yo form of bautizar which means to baptize, so bautizo means I baptize.

Bautismo means baptism.

posted by Nathaniel