HomeQ&ACan you learn the whole language on here or just the structure of it

Can you learn the whole language on here or just the structure of it

1

I was just wondering... I'm only on 1.7, but I look foward into what I will be learning, and I looked at 4.1... In 4.1 watch, Paralee only speaks Spanish, I noticed in 2.1 she does a little too, but I was wondering if you pay good attention to your lessons and all that will you be able to understand her real good?

Also: can you learn the whole language on here or just the structure of it'

updated AGO 5, 2010
posted by eric_collins

2

Eric,

I have structured the lessons so that you hear more and more Spanish in each lesson. Hopefully, but the time you get the lesson 4.1 you will have learned over 450 words from the previous lessons. If you can complete all the activities that go with each lesson and earn at least 90% on them, you should be learning quite a bit. You should also be spending time in the forum and in the chat room to be practicing what you have learned. It really helps to find a penpal who is around the same level as you or even a native Spanish speaker to practice with. Everyone here at Spanishdict is here to learn or to help, so don't worry about "bothering" someone.

Also, I do try to speak very slowly and clearly on the parts where I explain new concepts. Of course, there are parts where I tend to speak a little faster and with a little more of an accent, but that is part of the lesson too! I don't expect you to understand every single word, but to get the general idea of what I am saying. The fourth course of Learn Spanish focuses on the finer points of grammar as well as understanding spoken Spanish. I remember taking Spanish classes and feeling like I could read and write just fine, but when it came to listening or speaking, I felt lost because my teachers only ever spoke English.

Hopefully, by the end of Learn Spanish 4, you should have a pretty solid understanding of how Spanish works, and learned at least 600 vocabulary words and nearly all of the tenses. So you may have to carry a dictionary around for a while to develop a bigger vocabulary (or use the flashcards, or just keep up with your penpal), but I think you should have an intermediate level of the entire language.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions or if I can be of any help.

Paralee

updated AGO 5, 2010
posted by Paralee
1

How was I not being friendly, I was just saying that If they wanted for more people to see that then it would be better to start a new topic, lo siento if I did write it kind of hateful, I just have a bad habbit of adding exclamation marks to everything I write.

updated AGO 4, 2010
posted by eric_collins
1

sorry, i am new and having a hard time getting started. didnt mean to impose

Hi jasmine, have a look at some more threads on loggin in problems.

welcome to the forum smile

eric, we are friendly on this forum, especially to newbies, is that clear'

updated AGO 4, 2010
1

updated AGO 4, 2010
posted by Yasmine-Hyp
1

What has that got to do with my question', if you want people to see that you need to start a new topic instead of posting on something that hasent got anything to do with that!!, Gracias!

updated AGO 4, 2010
posted by eric_collins
1

every time i press the learn spanish tab, and click on one of the lessons it redirects me to sign in, although i am already signed in, then after signing in it takes me to the forums, and if i click the learn spanish tab again the whole process starts all over again. help

updated AGO 4, 2010
posted by Yasmine-Hyp
1

I'm doing better now, And I am currently on 1.10 smile

updated AGO 4, 2010
posted by eric_collins
1

You have to admit Eric.....Paralee sounds greeeeat speaking Spanish in lesson 4.1 lol

updated AGO 4, 2010
posted by Mark-Baker
1

Eric Collins, you have hit the jackpot!! omg!! Miss Paralee is offering to help you!! Lol.... You do realise that you have just made the entire Spanish community jealous'.lol

On a serious note, the learning curve may seem steep but Paralee is a professional teacher and knows exactly what she is doing. I give you my word.

There are eight recognised learning styles, all of which differ slightly and all of which are catered for here on SpanishDict.com. So it doesn't matter about your current standard of Spanish or even your preference to learn one way as opposed to another, I guarantee your learning abilities will be able to handle Paralee's lessons' providing you stick to them in sequencial order.

I would recommend completing the lessons in order, make sure you thoroughly re-visit things you dont understand and ask peoples opinions on the forum, dont worry too much about having a pen pal. Use the "Flashcards" to build vocab and the "Reference Section" to build a solid knowledge. The video's are 10minutes long and I often replay them over and over. Of course, you must use other websites to expand your knowledge like the RAE Dictionary website.

http://www.rae.es/rae.html

Spanish people dont realise that for many English people, this website is the only thing that is on the market that recognises and explains the pitfalls to learning Spanish from an English point of view.
Everyone on here had the same doubts when they started. However, as the Weeks pass by, you will be amazed at your own progress.....and all the hard work was worth it.

Good luck.

updated AGO 4, 2010
posted by Mark-Baker
1

Eric, and use the flashcards! YOu get lists on all kind of subjects to build up vocabulary.

updated AGO 4, 2010
1

Hola Eric,
Besides everything Paralee just mentioned, you can also use the reference section to review or go more into detail on almost any subject. I find them very useful! A native speaking penpal is very important.
Saludos
nicoLoca

updated AGO 4, 2010
posted by NicoLoca
1

Hi Eric, I have edited your title as I think this one is clearer and will draw attention faster.I will also call Paralee to this thread.

I spoke to one forer who thought it was rather difficult to understand Paralee on Spanish .I will call him too so you can get an insight grin

updated AGO 4, 2010
0

I'm only on 1.15 and I've learned SO much more than I could've learned at school in a month ( at school I get Spanish once a week ) Paralee is a great teacher smile

updated AGO 5, 2010
posted by Ashliex33