Playground Slide


I asked some Spanish-speaking people at the park what to call the slide. They said (it sounded like) baladilla / valadilla. However, I can't find this in any dictionary -- and they may have thought I meant the whole playground, not just the slide.

Does anyone recognize that word? What do you call a playground, and a playground slide?


I haven't seen a playground slide like the one in this picture from google images since I was a kid . . . they are all plastic now, so the daredevil little kids can't go so fast!

updated JUN 20, 2010
posted by Natasha
The word you are looking for is "resbaladilla" for the playground slide.