HomeQ&APlease Help...Flashcards!!!'?

Please Help...Flashcards!!!'?

1

Hello All,
I have been desperately trying to find a way to create talking flashcards that I can study off of from my Ipod.
I have been making my own flashcards but i really need to hear the pronunciation while I go through them to make sure I am learning them correctly.
Is it possible to do that on here? I am a Mac User...
Does anyone have any reccomendations?
Thanks a million

updated DIC 11, 2011
posted by Cristi183

0

Have a lokk at this website - it's fun but may not solve your problem.
<http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php'sitepal>

posted by ian-hill
0

I think that Cristi wants to be able to carry the flashcards around with her...like to what may be a beach in her profile picture. Of coures, as she answered herself, she also needs to create the exact words that she has to learn in her Spanish classes. So her goal is different from those of us who have the luxury of choosing which of the lists we want to learn here at SpanishDict.com.

But indeed -- the question comes up> can forum members (who don't need their lists on an iPod) create their own lists here - the words to be spoken by the dictionary gentleman?

Wow...Cristi is learning 20 to 30 words a day? I hope that they are in contextgrin

Heidita said:

I don't understand the question. We have flashcards here on this forum. does that mean you cant hear them'.

>

posted by Janice
0

I want flashcards that I can hear the pronunciation with at the same time so that I know that I am learning the correct way to say the word, I have used the flashcards on here but I am enrolled in Intensive Spanish Courses and am learning about 20-30 new Vocab words per day so I needed something that I could create my own cards with at that pace...
I have found a place to do this and have created my cards and uploaded them to my Ipod, Its really great
It also allows me to attach a sound file with each card so that I can hear it at the same time
So now I am just looking for a place for me to download soundclips to attach, something similar to if you look up a word on this site you can click to hear it, I just need something similar to that
Thanks for all your advice Janice hopefully from your info I can find that
smile

posted by Cristi183
0

0

i dont think there is such a thing, if there is such a flashcard to mp3 program, i bet they'll charge you lots of money for it. You may use the text to speech and record it off of that, it's not worth it.

posted by casper
0

You may be able to purchase "vocabulary trainers" English-Spanish. I do not know about English-Spanish ones, but there are several for other languages to the target Spanish. (Hey, I should look for the English ones now that you bring it up!)

But if you are in a do-it-yourself mode (and it's work, but it's fun!) what about finding yourself a good audio editor, capturing the sounds and starting from there? You can quiet down the English little by littleand then leave out the English altogether by and by....

Before I write more (and I can write a lot on this subject because
1) I do not live in a Spanish speaking environment
2) I do not have any Spanish speaking acquaintances near (wonderful new ones, of course, via SpanishDict.comgrin
3) I do not wish to read Spanish - I may not even ever insist of myself that I really speak it well. But I do want to be able to immediately understand the spoken language without translating. I want to listen to what many Spanish speaking people have to say! This "translates" (a little pungrin for me to listening "only" - with as little recourse to the written word as possible. But without the environment or friends....well, it is nigh on impossible to get on without reading. And indeed, I have some good texts. Nonetheless, I want to keep reading to a minimum! I liked what I think I remember Redimida saying one time> Redimida is learning by "feel"

Well, to continue>
4) I have lots of material on - not on an iPod, I didn't think I could afford one of those around Christmastime, but on a little 40 Euro Philips mp3 player which I hook up via an fm transmitting device from my my car's cigarette lighter to play over the car radio. (Ear phones in a car are dangerous! and not loud enough anyway.)

Audacity (1.3 beta) http://audacity.sourceforge.net is what I use. It is free but they appreciate support for their development efforts. It is available for Mac OS X and am sure there is other such software, too.

If you are interested, I can tell you more. And if I can, I am more than willing to share what I have created just so long as I do not violate any kind of copyright laws.

posted by Janice