Did I write this correctly?

0

I want to send my boyfriend this little note in spanish but i don't know if i wrote "I love you Junior, forever my love" correctly.
I put this "Te Amo Junior Para Siempre Mi Amor" but somebody told me I should have wrote "Te quiero Junior Por Siempre Mi Amor"
So which one is correct'

updated MAR 27, 2008
posted by Adela

0

I think you have a simple problem here.
THe use of amo and quiero is defined by culture not by the language.

In spite of what Hello says I owuld never say te amo to my mother and I would only say te quiero to her. for me amo is only romantic! (go figure!)
On the other hand I would consider te amo to be very grandiloquent and seldom use it except perhaps in poetry although it is very correct.

I also would have said para siempre and never por siempre as it is not correct.
Even though por is literally for it is not used in this sense. para is also for and what is used with siempre.

I would also have said it in a different order
Junior, mi amor, te quiero (amo) para siempre.

Junior is obviously a lucky guy grin

updated MAR 27, 2008
posted by RicardoN
0

'Te amo' and 'te quiero' both mean 'I love you,' but 'te quiero' is for romantic love. you would say 'te amo' to like your friend or family or something. you can use either if you're talking to your boyfriend, just don't say 'te quiero' to your mom. Also, it's 'para siempre,' not 'por siempre.' It's a cute note.

updated MAR 26, 2008
posted by Hello
0

It looks fine, I agree that I like Te Amo better than Te Quiero...I always think of I WANT YOU haha...but yeah you should use por instead of para but it would have been fine the way you wrote it.

updated MAR 19, 2008
posted by Ashlita
0

I like yours better. Te Amo, means I LOVE you. Te quiero, means I WANT you. Even though most people use "te quiero" when they want to say "I love you", "te amo" is the correct translation.

updated MAR 19, 2008
posted by Lourdes