HomeQ&ANeed help with translation of a paragraph from English to Spanish

Need help with translation of a paragraph from English to Spanish

0

I am having a house built and would like to clean the floors on Sunday with a shop vac. However, a spanish speaking crew "might" show up to complete some work inside the house. I want the translation of the following message.....

"I am just here to vacuum the floors. Please continue with your job....I will not get in your way.
There are two plugs on the power pole outside. However, if you need to use both of them, just unplug my machine from the power pole. I can come back later to finish cleaning...no problem."

Thanks for any help with the above translation from English to Spanish

updated SEP 14, 2008
posted by scott2

0

the correction didn't show up too well...después

pisacaballo said:

Hola, solo estoy aca para aspirar el piso. Sigan trabajando, que no los voy a molestar. Hay dos enchufes en el alargue afuera, pero si necesitan los dos desenchufen mi aspiradora que no pasa nada que después termino de limpiar.

>

updated SEP 14, 2008
0

Hi scott, too many answers on you post to be deleted.

Please read the forum rules , for the next time.

[url=http://my.spanishdict.com/forum/topic/show'id=1710195%3ATopic%3A329534]http://my.spanishdict.com/forum/topic/show'id=1710195%3ATopic%3A329534[/url]

updated SEP 14, 2008
0

Hola, solo estoy aca para aspirar el piso. Sigan trabajando, que no los voy a molestar. Hay dos enchufes en el alargue afuera, pero si necesitan los dos desenchufen mi aspiradora que no pasa nada que despues termino de limpiar.

updated SEP 14, 2008
posted by pisacaballo
0

Valerie and Quentin,
"Gracious" to both of you.

updated SEP 14, 2008
posted by scott2
0

Quentin said:

Valerie, enchufe......duly noted. Does the "clavija" the translator came up with have anything to do with wall receptacles? I want to know how much to trust its translations.

Quentin,
In Yucatán, they say enchufe both for the plug on the end of the cord, and for the hole in the wall it goes in (like we do with 'plug' here in America). Possibly 'clavija' is used somewhere else.... I'm afraid I don't know.

updated SEP 14, 2008
posted by Valerie
0

Valerie and Quentin....do you have any more thoughts on this. I appreciate your efforts.

updated SEP 14, 2008
posted by scott2
0

Scott,
Valerie's translation seems perfectly understandable to me and if I can understand her message, then I'm sure anyone who speaks Spanish can.

Scott said:

Thanks Valerie and Quentin. The power supply pole (temporary power) outside the house under construction has an outlet.....just like a standard outlet in most US homes. As far as the plugs were concerned.....I just wanted them to know that if they need to use both of them to please unplug my power vac and I'll come back later.

>

updated SEP 14, 2008
0

updated SEP 14, 2008
posted by scott2
0

Valerie,
enchufe......duly noted. Does the "clavija" the translator came up with have anything to do with wall receptacles? I want to know how much to trust its translations.

Valerie said:

Solo estoy aqui para pasar la aspiradora por los pisos. Por favor continúen su trabajo.. intentaré no les molestar. Hay dos enchufes en el poste de electricidad afuera. Pues, si necesitan usar los dos, sólo desenchufen mi máquina. Puedo regresar mas tarde para seguir limpiando... no habrá problema.This is my attempt.. especially please note that this one is using a plural version of "you" (since you said it was a crew), and the earlier one was singular. Hopefully someone will fix my mistakes...

>

updated SEP 14, 2008
0

I'm still looking up clavijas because I don't know the word. receptáculo a dos caras = duplex receptical

Scott said:

Thanks, Quentin. I also tried the translator but my level of Spanish is low so I wasn't sure how accurate it was.

>

updated SEP 13, 2008
0

Solo estoy aqui para pasar la aspiradora por los pisos. Por favor continúen su trabajo.. intentaré no les molestar. Hay dos enchufes en el poste de electricidad afuera. Pues, si necesitan usar los dos, sólo desenchufen mi máquina. Puedo regresar mas tarde para seguir limpiando... no habrá problema.

This is my attempt.. especially please note that this one is using a plural version of "you" (since you said it was a crew), and the earlier one was singular. Hopefully someone will fix my mistakes...

updated SEP 13, 2008
posted by Valerie
0

updated SEP 13, 2008
posted by scott2
0

"Estoy sólo aquí para pasar la aspiradora por los pisos. Por favor, continúe con su trabajo.... que no impediré de su manera.
Hay dos clavijas sobre el polo de poder fuera. Sin embargo, si necesita utilizar las dos de ellos, sólo desconecte mi equipo desde el polo de poder. Puede paso atrás posterior para finalizar la no limpieza... no hay ningún problema."

Wow. I threw your note into the translator and then changed the phrase for vacuum. I think it was thinking vacuum like a lack of air. Some one will clean it up, I'm sure, but I think would get your messsage across. I'm suprised that it was even comprehensible.

updated SEP 13, 2008