HomeQ&AComputer Jargon - Link?

Computer Jargon - Link?

0

I do a lot of correspondance with Mexico and Latin America via email. I am trying to create a template saying that "I have included links for the documents needed" or "click on the links for the documents you need to apply".

Is there a translation for the words LINK and CLICK?

Thanks,
Cupcakeyque

posted by Cupcakeyque

0

I see

haz clic aquí
click here on websites

posted by motley
0

The people I know from different countries use "enlace", a few ones "vínculo", and apparently, there is another commonly used word, but I cannot recall it right now.

Make sure you write "clic", as Rich said", which is the correct spelling. The combination "ck" does not exist in Spanish -and it would be unpronounceable-, but many natives tend to write it the English way because it looks more familiar to them, as it is a common ending in English, whereas very few Spanish words end in -c.

In Spain people say "hacer clic", but "clicar" and "cliquear" are fairly popular in some countries (and they are not in the dictionary yet).

posted by lazarus1907
0

enlazar = to link, link up, connect
enlace is what I heard for link also

double click on the word & it will take you to the dictionary

posted by motley
0

"un enlace" seems kind of wierd. I've heard hacer clic. I appreciate your input. It's so hard to write in Spanish. I can get away with speaking spanish, but writing it is completely different, especially in a professional setting.

Thanks!

posted by Cupcakeyque
0

I think link is "un enlace". "Click" I believe is "clicar' or "hacer clic" but this seems to change from one country to another.

posted by Rich