Translation problem PLEASE HELP!!!

0

Hello,
I have a translation problem that is slowly driving me crazy. The text is in spanish and its about a women that arrived in miami 10 years ago with out a proper viza...to cut a long story as short as possible.... she had a car accident and the police discovered her and started deportation. However, she got a solicitor who put her in contact with a company that hired husbands. She married and as a result of the marriage obtained nationality. her husband turned out to be a drunk and died a few years on. this is where it gets diffficult so i will cary on in spanish as is on translation............." La atribulada senora vio planear una vez mas sobre su cabeza la siniestra amenaza de expulsion, La savo la aministia decretada por el gobierno norteamericano el ano pasado para los ilegales de larga data."...........I am right in thinking this gist of it is " She once more had the threat of deportation hanging over her head'?
The text then goes on to say that she is now earning a good living cleaning and ironing peoples clothes. then i get really confused on this next bit............" Me cuenta su historia, entre camisas y pantelones, en case de un industrial y hacerndado columbiano, don Cesar P, a quien la violencia que impera en su pais ha hecho instalar aqui, desde done dirige todos sus negocios."
I would appreciate ANY help at all. I cant find "en case" in any dictionary or on the web. could it be south american''

posted by abbey

0

She is telling you her story while she is ironing shirts and pants. She "at the house" (en la casa) of her employer. Someone from Colombia. His name Don Cesar P. He had to move and sattle in this country because all the violence in his contry Columbia. He maneges his business from this country.

This is probably a misspelling. I hope this helps you.

posted by alba4
0

Maybe it should have been en caso de "in case of". That makes more sense than en casa which is "at home"

posted by Cherry
0

im am kicking myself as i type! Thanks so much. I think you may be right in thinking it was a mistake in the text.

posted by abbey
0

Not much help, but could that be casa instead of case, which would make more sense, at least to me.
She tells me her story, between shirts & pants, at the home of a Columbian industrialist and land owner.

Me cuenta su historia, entre camisas y pantelones, en casa de un industrial y hacendado columbiano,

posted by motley