HomeQ&A"This is to advise you that John Smith Lawyers will not continue to represent you"

"This is to advise you that John Smith Lawyers will not continue to represent you"

4

How would you say: "this is to advise you that John Smith Lawyers will not continue to represent you"

Thanks you for your help.

edited by --Mariana--
posted by Jenny57dog

3

I would say, "Por este medio hacemos constar que los abogados de la firma John Smith no continuarán ofreciéndole servicios de representación."

edited by 005faa61
posted by 005faa61
..ofreciéndole servicios.... - 00e657d4, JUL 20, 2010
Tienes razón, Guillermo :-) - 005faa61, JUL 20, 2010
3

A literal translation would be: "ésto es para notificarle que la firma de abogados John Smith no continuará representándolo."

A better way to say the same, with some legal statement taste: "El motivo del presente aviso es notificarle que la firma de abogados John Smith dejará de representarlo, a partir del día XX/XX/XXXXX."

posted by 00e657d4
1

How would you say: "this is to advise you that John Smith Lawyers will not continue to represent you"?

I believe that this is correct but please wait for confirmation from a native Spanish speaker like Gekkosan, Heidita JulianChiv, Guillermo due to the important nature of your correspondence, since I am not fluent yet

Esto es para notificarle* que los abagados de John Smith no seguirán representarle..".

edited by FELIZ77
posted by FELIZ77
Would "informar" also work here? "Informar" is to advise and give you notice of something. - --Mariana--, JUL 20, 2010
Yes, good point Marianne it is also a possibility although notificar is used for writing to inform someone - FELIZ77, JUL 20, 2010
What is with all of the **bold** Feliz77? - LateToDinner, JUL 20, 2010
just to make sure that the important parts of what I want to say are noticed lol - FELIZ77, JUL 20, 2010
I believe that the verb SEGUIR is followed by the present participle as opposed to the infinitive to convey the continuation of an action. Therefore ...John Smith no le seguirán representar - aeroplod, JUL 20, 2010
0

Esto es para notificarle que la firma de abogados john smith ya no lo esta representando.

posted by rckroll