HomeQ&AWhat is the meaning of "pongámonos en la cola"?

What is the meaning of "pongámonos en la cola"?

2

"Creo que ya lo tenemos todo. Pongámonos en la cola". What is the meaning of "Pongámonos"? What kind of format?

edited by Gekkosan
posted by georgechen
Hi George. Please remember that you posts and titles must use correct capitalizacion, grammar and punctuation. "Pongámonos" is accented. I have fixed it for you this time. - Gekkosan, JUL 18, 2010

2

Creo que ya lo tenemous todo --> I wish that we already have it all (we have finished).

Pongamonos en la cola ------> Let's get in line. (now we stay in a queue of people)

edited by JorgeViento
posted by JorgeViento
I agree with the second sentance but creo means = I believe or think , esperar = to wish - FELIZ77, JUL 18, 2010
pongámonos tenemos - 0074b507, JUL 18, 2010
2

Pongámonos is the 1st person plural imperative of ponerse - let us put ourselves. Pongámonos en la cola is literally let's put ourselves in line, or let's get in line

It needs the accent.

edited by KevinB
posted by KevinB
pongámonos - 0074b507, JUL 18, 2010
I just saw that. I'm typing faster than I'm thinking. That's not hard for me to do. - KevinB, JUL 18, 2010
2

This appears to be the typical dialog at a store or supermarket: "I think's that's it (that's the lot, we've got everything that we needed). Let's get in line" (to pay).

posted by Gekkosan
2

Join the queue

posted by lagartijaverde