HomeQ&Ahow do you say "little lump" like in oatmeal, it is a term for popcorn-stitches in Andean Knitting

how do you say "little lump" like in oatmeal, it is a term for popcorn-stitches in Andean Knitting

2

In Peru the popcorn stitch was called kurpa in Quechua, and something like grumitos or grumitas in Spanish. Do you know the correct Spanish term, they said it meant "little lumps" like you'd find in your oatmeal.

posted by MaryJaneMaine

1

Hello Mary Jane, welcome to the Forum! "Grumos" is a good word for lumps. "Grumitos" would be a diminutive of the word: "little lumps".

Now, whether that's used as a stitching term or not, I have no idea! :-D

posted by Gekkosan
0

For those of us that do not crochet or are not doctors:

Popcorn stitch alt text

Just to mention it: grumitos are lumps in paint or clots in blood

Thanks! I knew the Quechua word, kurpa, but not the Spanish. The stitch I'm talking about is actually done a little differently, being knit in, or made separately with finger crocheting....I can teach you! - MaryJaneMaine, JUL 14, 2010