HomeQ&AWhat are those spanish learning tapes, that just talk to you called?

What are those spanish learning tapes, that just talk to you called?

1

Yeah.. What are they?

posted by acousticks

2

Well, you're gonna have to say more than that because there are a few. The best? Pimsleur. They talk you listen. Second best? Michele Thomas. Third best? FSI (free course, you can find it online). Fourth best? Rocket Spanish. They all talk at you and you listen and remember. Note: Pimsleur is miles , M I L E S above the others although the Michele Thomas is really good.

Edit: this is just my opinion, and I haven't tried every single course but these are my favorites of the ones that I have done. wink

edited by jeezzle
posted by jeezzle
I love Pimsleur. I used it for Italian :D - Debiera, JUL 13, 2010
good information:) - Brynleigh, JUL 13, 2010
Learning Spanish Like Crazy is practically identical to Pimsleur in it's teaching method. - Goyo, JUL 14, 2010
1

Notes in Spanish (the audio files can be downloaded free)

Learning like Crazy

Try googling these two.

edited by ian-hill
posted by ian-hill
Is notes in Spanish the one with the Scottish guy? - jeezzle, JUL 13, 2010
That's Coffee Break Spanish. - 0074b507, JUL 14, 2010
1

Cool, thanks, a couple of my friends had lived in peurto rico for a small while and they had mentioned him. I'm not really in contact with them anymore so I couldn't ask. Thanks alot for your help, i've taken spanish at school but i'd like to push it a little bit.

Cheers

posted by acousticks
0

Not exactly your question but you cannot learn a language (any language) by simply listening You also need to practice producing utterances in that language.If, on the other hand, your goal is to (simply) understand a language (passively), this may be possible (however unusual).

posted by samdie
Pimsleur and Learning Spanish Like Crazy both are like that. You listen and answer questions, speaking the Spanish as a learning aid. - Goyo, JUL 14, 2010
0

cassette tapes?

posted by Debiera