HomeQ&APlease,please help me with this translation....Hay....so lo su Madre que ría,

Please,please help me with this translation....Hay....so lo su Madre que ría,

0

Hay....so lo su Madre que ría, The English translation has to be in the same meter as in the Spanish.

Hay...his mo ther on ly want ed

edited by viajero
posted by viajero

1

Woe, only his mother was willing.

(I'm sure you mean "ay", not "hay" - else it doesn't make sense):

posted by Gekkosan
0

Yea, it is a meter issue. A cousin of mine wants to bend the Englsih versio of her poem into the melody that being writen for the Spanish version.

posted by viajero
0

What about: 'Tis, that would fit with your meter issue. It is contracts to 'tis That is if you are sure it is "Hay"

To clarify: "It is"-contracts to 'tis.

edited by Sheily
posted by Sheily
Sorry, that wouldn't work. Hay doesn't translate as it is. My mistake. - Sheily, JUL 14, 2010
0

If you are translating poetry and need it to fit into 9 syllables: ¡Ay, solo su madre que ríe! Alas! only his mother did laugh. Is that what you were trying to do?

posted by Echoline
Es que viajero dice que la palabra es "quería" (wan-ted), no "que ría"... - Gekkosan, JUL 13, 2010
0

Hay - on ly his mother loved him.

posted by petersenkid2
0

I think it's "There's only his mother that laughs." But idk why it's ría and not ríe

posted by socceryo3