HomeQ&ANo te preocupes de verdad no esta mal solo fue unos dias

No te preocupes de verdad no esta mal solo fue unos dias

4

Please could someone translate this from Spanish into English?

I got this message from my friend and i really do not understand what it means. I tried using an internet translator and, well, they can be really poor at the best of times and now I'm even more confused oh oh.

She said: No te preocupes de verdad no esta mal solo fue unos dias y en una o dos semanas regresa, m dio un buen de gusto el que me escribieras asi te conozco. SI AUN QUIERES SABER ALGO DE EL Y NO TE PUEDES COMUNICAR CON EL ,VUELVE A ESCRIBIRME

and why the capital letters? confused

thanks in advance Cardiff smile

edited by --Mariana--
posted by Cardiff1985

4

Purely an attempt, please don't vote me up because a) I don't care about votes 2) I may have got it badly wrong!

Really, don't worry it's not bad it was only a few days and in a week or two he(?) returns, it pleased me (gave me a good taste) that you wrote to me as if I know you. Even if you want to know something about him and you can't get in touch with him, write to me again.

Maybe this will make some sense to you after previous communications?

posted by galsally
ohhh :) yes it does thank you so much - Cardiff1985, JUL 13, 2010
2

No te preocupes de verdad no esta mal solo fue unos dias y en una o dos semanas regresa, m dio un buen de gusto el que me escribieras asi te conozco. SI AUN QUIERES SABER ALGO DE EL Y NO TE PUEDES COMUNICAR CON EL ,VUELVE A ESCRIBIRME

Really, don't worry. It's not so bad, only a few days and he returns in one or two weeks. It gave me pleasure (happiness?) what you wrote to me like I know you. If you still want to know something about him and you can't communicate with him, write to me again.

P.s. Writing in all caps means shouting (or she hit the key by accident)

2

Capital letters usually implies shouting, in email and text. And in this forum, but since its a relevant part of your question, you'll probably get away with it.

Its also possible that they hit the "caps lock" button without realising it.

I think galsally is on the right lines, but I'm not an expert.

edited by fontanero
posted by fontanero
Forgot about the caps lol. ;) - galsally, JUL 13, 2010
I could only pick out a few words. Between us we may have helped. - fontanero, JUL 13, 2010
yes thanks both of you ^^ it's helped tremendously. I thought she may have been angry with me or something but i understand now :) - Cardiff1985, JUL 13, 2010
You are most welcome for my small contribution, galsally deserves the credit. - fontanero, JUL 13, 2010
1

You really don't need to worry it isn't so bad.. he only went(1) for a few days and he returns/will return in one or two weeks. It pleased me (2) that you were writing*(3) to me as if you knew me. Yes, if you still want to know somthing about him and you cannot communicate with him write back to me .

1 fue = ir and ser Fue is the 3rd person singular from Ir and ser

2 ( me dió un buen de gusto lit:to me it gave a great amount of pleasure)

3 This person used the imperfect subjunctive mood here escribieras

I think that capital letters were either used accidentally or for emphasis to draw attention to the words in capitals

I think that this is reasonably accurate but I am open to correction

Corregid mi español, por favor

Note about use of capitals I have chatted with many Hispanic people in chatrooms and it is quite common for them to use capitals they don't have such a problem with it as the British and American people. I think it is cultural . British people see it as shouting but not all Hispanic people see it that way. (Obviously, this does not happen in monitored chatrooms )

edited by FELIZ77
posted by FELIZ77
I agree about capitals. I sometimes use them for emphasis. - fontanero, JUL 13, 2010