HomeQ&ASaturday 17th July, Moderator Heidita, 12 am, Spain: Prepare adjectives

Saturday 17th July, Moderator Heidita, 12 am, Spain: Prepare adjectives

8

In view of the few mods we have, I am organizing my group for Saturday.

These are the people I am inviting to join:

Jason , Fredbong and Nizhoni as newcomerswink

markbaker, nametaken, Silent Hero, Greg, Rolest, Rikko, Ray, Sandy, Yesero

If anybody wants to join this group , you are welcome, let me know.

Please let me know if you can or can't make it, as there are lots of people on the chat.

Advanced speakers will be placed with Ruben (blackbull) who is a master on advanced chatswink

My chat will be all around adjectives this time.

I might ask you to describe one item or person, your dog, cat... in your life and you have to be able to make at least three sentences. Then you ask another member to describe whatever you can think of, please prepare the flashcards and the questions you are going to ask!

Adjectives about personality and weather

Adjetives for clothes

Adjectives and opposites

Don't start to tremble, jeje, most of them are repeated!! raspberry

edited by 00494d19
I was trembling typing my answer, on my Droid. :) - Jason7R, JUL 12, 2010

0

Look you guys, anyone who passes up these chats is crazy. Saturday the 17th was the best one yet in my opinion. Heidita seems to have us more in control now, putting out a list of possible conversations and question ideas. Now we're not all just talking over each other with no direction. I think we are all getting a bit more courage up also. Just a bit!! It is still scary as Hell when you hear your name called by señorita H. The mistakes make for some good laughs and learning experiences. That night I learned that pescado are no longer swimming in the sea but rather laying on a platter. I unfortunately got knocked off for half of the session due to a power failure here but returned in time to get knocked off again in our yes and no game. [You have to be there to understand.] It is so much fun, probably moreso for us in the Eastern/Central time zones because we're wide awake, and all it takes is uploading Skype which is free and a headset which is cheap. Please no open mikes and speakers. This works well for one on one conversations but with up to 15 people on at once there is too much echo and feedback. I plan on being there as often as possible because I really believe it is helping me immensely. I hope to see more newbies, it boosts my confidence red face

edited by Yeser007
posted by Yeser007
thank you compi,. eres muy amable:) - 00494d19, JUL 19, 2010
2

Awesome Heidita, you seem to be a great addition to this site!

posted by Julie_
2

It was a good time.If you haven't tried this you should. Heidita is very patient and playful. You can get the humor better in person/on skype.

Thanks Heidita!

posted by nizhoni1
thanks nizhoni, it is true, i am always laughing....thing is here one often thinks I am serious, I am not:P - 00494d19, JUL 18, 2010
good to understand that - nizhoni1, JUL 19, 2010
2

Fred!! It truly was a great chat tonight! I learned a lot! I truly appreciate all the hard work everybody did tonight and the patience of Heidita!! Between 2am and the chaps that were at 6 and 8 am!! Great job! Can't wait for next week, yeah, I'm jonesin' already!! raspberry

posted by Jason7R
Thank God for coffee, Jason. ]-) - Rikko, JUL 17, 2010
Couldn't agree more, went to bed around 12am and was up at 5:30am!! :) Coffee...please!!!! - Jason7R, JUL 18, 2010
2

Fun chat esta noche. Tengo que decir...I have never been to Orlando, the Disney World I went to was in California. Jeje, vivo en florida pero nunca he visto Disney World aquí.

posted by Fredbong
jeje, so funny fred - 00494d19, JUL 18, 2010
2

Count me in, Heidita.

posted by sanlee
2

I must say...I came to this particular chat slightly offconfused...as I had had a problem just before, and I was thinking, well, I am a true idiot, why am I doing this? confused

But then, I really don't know who had a better time, all of you or me!! LOL

Welcome to the newbies, especially Nizhoni, we had a difficult start on this site, and I am glad this has changed for the bettergrin

Fredbong , Brady and Jason were new too.

Fred had to talk about the cats he had had when he was a child...but after one cat he said....hey, I already said three sentences, just "goooo awayyyyyyyy" LOL I am still laughing.

Jason talked to us about his daughter and then he laughed his head off at the yes and no game, he is going to try it on his studentswink

Nizhoni told us about her truck, omg, imagine driving a truck!! jeje

Gary told us about his latest dive, green with envy, that's mesick

Jenny, who was the best wink, told us vividly about her dog, blue, who I thought was a female, and she corrected meraspberry

Of course, Greg told us about his "novia" and I thought, geeeeeez, this novia of his must be really great!! LOL

Well, I must say, Ray was great fun, rikko..you should hear him, only in level three, he says, but I don't really believe him, he speaks really well. Sandy is also getting there, from not saying much the first day, she is now talking a lot.

Oh, and ray and rikko got up at 6am to participate in the chat, so they were named " los locos" raspberry

So, all in all, you convinced me, I simply cannot stop doing these chats, they are simply too much fungrin

edited by 00494d19
Todos saben que mi novia es la mejor en todo el mundo. - Goyo, JUL 18, 2010
1

It was great fun. I totally froze and said my daughter had larga, lisa, blanca piel and I meant long, straight , black, hair. I was also the first one to say, "No" in the "don't answer yes or no to the question" game. It is a great experience to finally be speaking Spanish out loud. Thank you Heidita for having these groups. I'm loving them.

posted by sanlee
Sanlee, I wanted to ask you why Rhode Island is called that since it is clearly not an island but it was just too much Spanish vobabulary to remember:) - Yeser007, JUL 19, 2010
Part of R.I. are Aquidneck, Jamestown, and Block Islands - sanlee, JUL 20, 2010
1

Muchos abrazos y besos to Heidita for her incredible patience and the quiet but

forceful way she conducted the chat today, it was great I enjoyed it more than any

other time . a big welcome to all the new people who joined in and contributed to make

it so pleasant a learning experience. I noticed for the first time that when Heidi was

asking questions of other people that I was understanding what she was saying , but

when it came to my turn my brain went into melt -down again , maybe we should move

our names around and answer for the other guy or gal? Thank you all for the great fun

morning , even tho I missed my breakfast it was worth it, you are a great bunch of guys and gals. grin grin grin cool smile

posted by ray76
Ray, 2 weeks ago i missed breakfast and lunch. - Rikko, JUL 17, 2010
But maybe you needed to lose weight???Sorry tho , not good to miss meals , one eats more to catch up. - ray76, JUL 17, 2010
Ray, I have to agree that I also understood more of what she said than anyone I had in the past. It is like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. - Yeser007, JUL 19, 2010
1

How do the chats work? Is it an instant message chat or one where you talk to people?

posted by eric_collins
Just install skype then send your skype name to Heidi She´ll contact on the day of the chat. - BellaMargarita, JUL 13, 2010
Eric, it's so easy, it took me about 10 total mins. to install and I bought a $25 headset. They are as low as $15. :) Come on it's going to be a great time!! - Jason7R, JUL 16, 2010
1

Please add me I am fully booted and spurred and ready , my earphones are in the holster and itching for action . wink cool smile

posted by ray76
1

Será allí. smile

posted by Jason7R
1

I hope there is room for me.

posted by Yeser007
Yesero, maybe you already got promoted to the advanced group. jajaja - Rikko, JUL 12, 2010
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha!!!! Oh I'm dying here!!!! ahahahahahahahahaaa - Yeser007, JUL 12, 2010
1

¡Nos vemos allí! No veo la hora.

posted by Fredbong
jeje, with a headset this time! ;) - 00494d19, JUL 12, 2010
Yup. - Fredbong, JUL 12, 2010
1

I'll be on.

posted by TheSilentHero