HomeQ&AWhat is the best way or ways to learn Spanish? besides Spanish Dictionary of course.

What is the best way or ways to learn Spanish? besides Spanish Dictionary of course.

2

Is there a best way? Or a combination of exercises that helps you learn Spanish?

edited by BenSharp
posted by BenSharp

2

Use a variety of ways, not just one. I like Rosetta Stone because the Spaish gets ingrained in your brain without memorizing it. SpanishDict is also great and I use both equally. Both have strengths and weakness but used together they are perfect. You will only speak fluently by living in a Spanish speaking country or area.

posted by scottdoherty
4

!) Move to a Spanish speaking country
2) Enroll in a course of Spanish for foreigners
3) Get a Spanish-only speaking boy/girlfriend (according to your predilections)

posted by samdie
haha I love this! It makes me want to do exactly that... lol - megan5, JUL 12, 2010
Number 3 works... I speak from experince... Atleast it has up to this point :) - kerflop, JUL 12, 2010
Could we have this service on SpanishDict. - fontanero, JUL 12, 2010
2

Hi Ben,

Welcome to SD!!!!

There are lots of threads based on the same topic. You can check them out

posted by Vaanz
1

Removed.

edited by rockdown667
posted by rockdown667
1

I purchased Spanish children songs CDs. They have been a great tool. It helps to put some of the vocab into real sentences and adds catchy music. You can find them on ebay, thats where I found mine.

edited by imfree2bme4real
posted by imfree2bme4real
1

Have at look at my website and click on Audio pages. You have all the basics including greeting and meeting, numbers colours, food and drink, days, month etc. Each entry has the English equivalent, Spanish, pronunciation and the sound. You also can down load the sound as mp3.

I also will recommend you to practice Spanish in a regular basis by reading, watching Spanish TV and listening Spanish radio. You can use a dictionary for the new words and they will naturally settle in as you learn them within a context. You can visit the section media on my web below to find useful Spanish online papers and radios.

http://www.spanish-aid.co.uk/

posted by luisiher
1

I say the best way to learn Spanish on here is the lessons. Hanging out on the forum and being an active member of it can also help you with learning Spanish. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

posted by eric_collins
1

Can I suggest you change your question to include the phrase " apart from SpanishDict". It may prove more fruitful.

I assume you already know about this site, since you're a member who has completed some lessons.

Good luck.

There are several websites available, both free and subscription. Try books, audio courses ( CD or MP3 ), software courses and obviously classes. You just have to find what suits you.

edited by fontanero
posted by fontanero
1

Find someone who is a native Spanish speaker... Work with them on some common phrases and go from there. That combined with SpanishDict.com and the folks here, you are well on your way to the basics.

posted by kerflop