HomeQ&APlease welcome our new Skype Moderators: Valerie, Marianne, Charlius, Blackbull

Please welcome our new Skype Moderators: Valerie, Marianne, Charlius, Blackbull

5

I am happy to announce that the four members mentioned:

Valerie

Marianne

Blackbull (Ruben)

Charlius

Have accepted to be mods on the skype chatswink

Any questions about the chats, abuse, complaints, anything at all, please let us know. Please send me your Skype name if you wish to participate in the chat. All moderators have all the contacts, only forum members are allowed in our group chatsgrin

Please read this for guidelines on how to use and not to abuse (wink ) the chats.

Marianne was active already this last weekendgrin Charlie is doing a beginner group next weekend. Ruben is in charge of the advanced group, he has been here forever and is the most experienced chatter of allwink

edited by 00494d19

3

Hi, Everyone.

I'm really excited to be doing the chats -- Thursday is the Advanced Chat and Saturday is the Beginners Chat.

Please feel free to bring your grammar, vocabulary, etc. questions to the group. We'd love to discuss them with you.

are listeners ok for advanced? - nizhoni1, JUL 12, 2010
I know I would like to sit in on hearing the advance sessions, yes I know I need to get my equipment first!! :) - Jason7R, JUL 12, 2010
Thanks for hosting Marianne (and the others too), I enjoyed just listening to the beginner's chat on Saturday, you're very easy to understand! - schemmn, JUL 12, 2010
2

Please can you let those of us who are a little challenged where to find the Skype chat link.

Thanks.

Is it spoken chat or typed chat ?

posted by Stig345
Hi, Roger. You need to download Skype and send your screen name to Heidita for the beginner chat and to me for the advanced chat. It is a spoken (no video) chat so you need a headset to participate - --Mariana--, JUL 12, 2010
2

LOL That is not true, nizhoni, he was in charge of the advanced group and you would probably now have understoodwink

Blackbull has been on this site almost the same time as myself, we are very good friendsgrin

He does not often participate on the forum, but he is a very consistent chatter and he is great at itraspberry

I speak at the level of a 4 month old - nizhoni1, JUL 12, 2010
so it would have been painful for the advanced group - nizhoni1, JUL 12, 2010
...and do you know that he types super fast, Heidita? He could continuously chat with like 5 or 6 of us simultaneously without missing a thing. Really awesome! - Rikko, JUL 12, 2010
So, will I still be in your group Heidita or another? - sanlee, JUL 12, 2010
2

Congratulations Marianne, Blackbull (Ruben), Charlius !!!!!!

edited by Vaanz
posted by Vaanz
1

This is Great News... Marianne, Charlius and Blackbull (Ruben) grin Congratulations on your successsful appointment as New Skype Monitors for Spanish Dict Now we really will have to behave ! lol tongue rolleye tongue wink grin

edited by FELIZ77
posted by FELIZ77
1

Welcome to our new moderators,

I hope to join you some day soon. wink

posted by Nicole-B
1

Congrats to all!! I couldn't have picked a better group of mods!! I must admit, Rueben is slipping my mind right now but I am sure he will do fantastic! Marianne and Charlius?? Come on, they are great people!! wink I can't wait to get my equipment to join the group!!

posted by Jason7R
oh, you must jason, just send me your skype name. YOu need a headset!! ;) - 00494d19, JUL 12, 2010
yes, Jason, get a headset soon. Marianne said they cost about $15. Over here, only like $4. jejeje - Rikko, JUL 12, 2010
I wonder what the shipping cost would be from where you live Rikko? JK, $15 isn't too bad, I thought it would be more. :) - Jason7R, JUL 12, 2010
I can't wait to join!! :) I will send you my skpe name soon. - Jason7R, JUL 12, 2010
1

Welcome new moderators. Thank you having the willingness to chat with us. It is really a great experience. I am pretty sure that I have chatted with all of the new moderators for at least a moment. I recommend it to everyone.

posted by sanlee
0

Heidita said: "Charlie is doing a beginner group next weekend."

Discrepancy here. I had actually been planning on a Wednesday chat for intermediate and advanced. Hope this isn't throwing the proverbial wrench in the machine cogs.

-Charlius-

posted by Charlius
0

What a great lineup, I've already had the pleasure of speaking with Ruben, his English is superb, and have chatted with my state neighbor Marianne, very tolerant of my mistakes. I'm looking forward to Saturday.

posted by Yeser007
0

The first moderator of all was actual Valerie, I forgot to include her in the group, as she was the actual creatorwink ( I didn't include myself either)

0

Actually for me, the funniest parts were when Heidita would be screaming her head off in frustration for all our blunders. LOL I also think that just hearing her real nice voice is enough reason to be there. tongue laugh

posted by Rikko
0

Is Blackbull a recent SD addition? I don't recall seeing that name before.I was in his group for a second the other day but Heidita decided to spare him the pain.

posted by nizhoni1