HomeQ&AThanks everyone.

Thanks everyone.

7

You all have been really great and I have learned a ton from all of you. I enjoyed helping with Spanish and being helped. I have to delete my account now. I wish you all the best. grin

Good luck to you in whatever you do , be well and happy ,adios. - ray76, JUL 11, 2010
We are sorry to see dandy leave....I hope you will be happier somewhere else:) - 00494d19, JUL 11, 2010
seems like a lt of ppl leave this place. - mortonsalt, JUL 11, 2010
I wouldn't say a lot of people... define a lot of people please :) - Benz, JUL 11, 2010
there just seems to be a lot of conflict here, that is all, I didn't mean to offend. I am sorry - mortonsalt, JUL 12, 2010
Conflict comes with the territory when you have 200,000 members of any group. This is not the usual state of the SD forum. Usually, we are a happy group. - --Mariana--, JUL 12, 2010
Welcome to the forum Mortonsalt - nizhoni1, JUL 12, 2010
Morton, I think you popped in at an unusual time, it has been a 'rough' week, but definitely not the norm. - LateToDinner, JUL 12, 2010

5

Sorry to see you go , it is always sad to lose good friends they are hard to come by

have a good life and take care ,thank you for all the help you have given without which

we would be struggling. Adios!! . grin grin grin cool smile

posted by ray76
3

alt text ????????????????

posted by 00b6f46c
Thanks my lovely If i could do that i would, you are the best!!!! - ray76, JUL 11, 2010
thanks ray . - 00b6f46c, JUL 11, 2010
2

I agree with RogerHH about "We don't know exactly what happened that got you upset",

but obviously it had to do with the BP thread that Heidita referred to.

I don’t know if you are still reading the threads, but I hope so.

I have an idea.

Instead of cutting out because of a disagreement or whatever, maybe there is a way that you could reconsider, and perhaps have a discussion with whomever got you upset, or if it wasn’t a person, but perhaps some rules that you disagreed with, possibly a discussion with the administrators may make things more clear. You would be able to propose your point of view, and in doing so, either things could change, or you may see their point of view.

I know that I sometimes psychologically make things disproportionately more serious than they inherently are. I think we all do this.

Believe me, we all hate to see you leave. You are such a great contributor to the site.

Why not try my suggestion? What have you to lose? This is a great site, and I know that there is none better for learning Spanish and making friends.

edited by Rolest
posted by Rolest
Great suggestions, Rolest! - Pajaro44, JUL 11, 2010
Very good rolest , that is great , and as you say , what do you have to lose!. - ray76, JUL 11, 2010
Thank you rolest - 00494d19, JUL 12, 2010
I promise it has nothing to do with BP! - 00f15e73, JUL 12, 2010
2

You were a great friend and a great asset to this site. I am sad about it all.

posted by jeezzle
2

I am really sorry to see this happen, dandy, and I am sorry you did not deem fit to contact us , so sorry.

There is no way at all I am allowing a thread like this again, no way at all! mad

I always thought discussions could be civil here, but obviously they cannot. I am sorry you felt offended, Dandy, I hope you feel you can come back one day.

I dunno. Psychologists say the emotional venting is good for your mental well being. I prefer to own a gun. - 0074b507, JUL 11, 2010
"own" or... "use", Don Q? - billy-jones, JUL 11, 2010
I didn't want to sound threatening, and it's hard to go postal online. - 0074b507, JUL 12, 2010
2

May your joys be as bright as the morning,

And your sorrows merely be shadows that fade,

In the sunlight of love.

May you have enough

happiness to keep you sweet.

Enough trials to keep you strong.

Enough sorrows to keep you human.

Enough hope to keep you happy.

Enough failure to keep you humble.

Enough success to keep you eager.

Enough friends to give you comfort.

Enough faith and courage in yourself to banish sadness.

Enough wealth to meet your needs.

And one thing more: enough

determination to make each day a more wonderful day

than the day before.

good stuff!!! - btbuckingham, JUL 11, 2010
Not mine, Irish saying. - 0074b507, JUL 11, 2010
How nice Quentin!! - Benz, JUL 11, 2010
1

To me, in my humble opinion, this is just silly.

I cannot even imagine leaving my SpanishDict family and a great learning site just because I had a disagreement online with one member.

To me that's an extreme overreaction to a small issue.

and you are in a field where by definition argument is your daily bread.In that setting it becomes less personal I would imagine.I need some of that skill! - nizhoni1, JUL 12, 2010
Yes, it would be. Wouldn't it? - 00f15e73, JUL 12, 2010
1

I read the thread to and I think I might see where hurt feelings occur.Maybe.Even though it is confusing to me, we see words on a screen here and forget the personal filter of the reader.None of us here really know each other and our backgrounds.

When a doctor evaluates a patient with pain we have to accept the experience is subjective and believe the report in the average situation.Some people feel a pea under a stack of mattresses and others can sleep on rocks.

I accept that something was said by one or all that caused offense. Unless there is discussion and explanation no one will be able to come to an understanding of their error and correct as needed.That is the bigger loss.

As humans we have the ability to complicate any thread and perceive it with negative emotion.Ray could probably say it better but compassion for both sides would go a long way in situations like this.

We still struggle to get along with face to face contacts. I think we are forced to undergo a different kind of interpersonal evolution as we live more in cyberspace.

edited by nizhoni1
posted by nizhoni1
Thank you for trying to rationalize my feelings in any case. Although I have to say my feeling were never hurt hehe - 00f15e73, JUL 12, 2010
1

Having been through the BP thread twice still can't see what dandy is upset about, but C'est La Vie as they say in Ecuador. wink

posted by Stig345
Yo tampoco sé qué paso, pero por algo será... - LuisaGomezBartle, JUL 11, 2010
Aparentemente Heidita sabe algo que nosotros no :) - Benz, JUL 11, 2010
1

Good luck .be happy we will miss you . goodbyealt text

posted by 00b6f46c
1

??????????????????

posted by 005faa61
??????????????? Indeed? - ray76, JUL 11, 2010
0

Thanks for your post, dani and I hope you will fare well, it was not necessary to delete your account though, we would have loved to keep you on board even though you would not participate.

Thanks for all you have given us,grin

As this has been cleared up, thread closed.

0

Well now that is better. At least now people won't worry over it anymore or nothing like that. Have a nice day.

posted by eric_collins
0

Marianne said:

To me, in my humble opinion, this is just silly. I cannot even imagine leaving my SpanishDict family and a great learning site just because I had a disagreement online with one member. To me that's an extreme overreaction to a small issue.

Bah! I had to come back to clear this up.
First, thanks everyone for all your well wishes! I want to say again you have been GREAT.

Secondly, and most importantly, I DID NOT leave because of any thread or any argument between me and another member. Ian Hill (or anyone else for that matter) has never, ever said anything to offend me at all! As if I would leave you all over BP!!! raspberry I am not sure why anyone would have concluded that. I do not want him to feel bad or get in trouble.
I DO think SpanishDict.com can have debates in a civil manner. (And we did!) I would hate for my leaving to make it so that people can't talk off topic anymore.

I am leaving for entirely different, personal reasons.

posted by 00f15e73
thanks dandi - nizhoni1, JUL 12, 2010
Thanks for clearing that up. What else were we supposed to think when you post a notice you are leaving but give no explanation. If you didn't want to cause a commotion, a quick "I'm leaving for personal reasons" would have avoided all this speculation. - --Mariana--, JUL 12, 2010
0

As one door closes another door opens.......wishing you happiness.

Thank you Pictures, Images and Photos

posted by Brynleigh