HomeQ&AI want to say in English "Ahí muere" y "Trágame tierra"

I want to say in English "Ahí muere" y "Trágame tierra"

2

I would like to say in English "Ahí muere". In Mexico, we use this phrase in several contexts but I'm basically focusing on the idea of ending a disagreement with somebody and become friends again, e.g.: "Ya no hay que discutir. ¡Ahí muere!"

And also I would like to say "Trágame tierra". We use this phrase after we have made or said something embarrasing, e.g.: "Le dije que su familia no era de mi agrado, y al ver su reacción, pensé "Trágame tierra".

Thanks for your help!

posted by miguelrrc2000
I wish I could help you with this, but I am drawing a blank at the moment. If it comes to me in a bit, I will let you know xD - megan5, JUL 8, 2010

1

Q is correct with both phrases, but I prefer, It ends here. I can't explain why, but it just sounds slightly less demanding than Case closed and End of discussion.

posted by 005faa61
1

It sounds similar to "Case closed" or "End of discussion". The other situation is "putting your foot in your mouth", but I can't think of a phrase to verbally apologize for doing so..

0

My goodness, these are good! The second one in English there is something like that but I just can't remember exactly how it goes, 'wishing the earth would swallow me up'?? Sometimes when people put their foot in their mouth they say something like 'I just wanted to die'.
Case closed sounds perfect - seems like the exact idea of the phrase in Spanish!

posted by margaretbl