HomeQ&Ain lesson 1 the writing part of the flash cards exercise you are actually asked to look at the picture of the person to guess the word

in lesson 1 the writing part of the flash cards exercise you are actually asked to look at the picture of the person to guess the word

2

In lesson 1 - the writing part of the flash cards exercise you are actually asked to look at the picture of the person to guess the word - wouldn't it be more helpful to maybe to ask the english word and then ask the learner to write the spanish equivalent and vice versa? Even the audio would be helpful as that would really take out the guess work...

For instance the picture of the lady - it could relate to either greeting - hello or good morning - my understanding is that we are required to memorise the words and not the pictures, but the effect of the answer part is that is what one ends up doing.

Also, in one part of my answer I added a question mark - the answer was correct but the computer marked it as incorrect because of the question mark- maybe some warning or guide would help to not use punctuation marks in answers would also help.

posted by pwhittle

4

Your response to the prompt must match the answer on the card exactly (punctuation, formatting, no extra spaces, etc.) If you find the pictures confusing (or if they are loading incorrectly which is the more common situation) just turn the pictures off. Then you will get word prompts.

Under Options; un-check Show pictures [mostrar imágenes] (sorry, I forgot that my page language is set to Spanish)

Thanks. Is there a functionality where I can print the lesson in printable format without all the other non-related stuff on the page? - pwhittle, JUL 7, 2010
Serveral people have asked for that. You can print out the Vocabulary lists, but not the lesson lists. (Not availble when lessons were made). Some lessons have Vocabulary lists so check under the Flashcard tab and see if there is a Vocabular set for - 0074b507, JUL 7, 2010
lesson 1.1. If so, all of the words will be listed and can be printed out. - 0074b507, JUL 7, 2010