HomeQ&AI am confused about the structure of this sentence: "Usted estara aqui antes de que usted lo sepa." Why is the "que" there, and also, why is the subjunctive used for "saber." Would it be accurate to use "saber?" Thanks.

I am confused about the structure of this sentence: "Usted estara aqui antes de que usted lo sepa." Why is the "que" there, and also, why is the subjunctive used for "saber." Would it be accurate to use "saber?" Thanks.

0

I am confused about the structure of this sentence: "Usted estara aqui antes de que usted lo sepa." (You'll be here before you know it.) Why is the "que" there, and also, why is the subjunctive used for "saber." Would it be accurate to use "saber?" Thanks.

posted by gigoldberg

1

An the subjunctive mood is used after "antes de [que], especially when it refers to future time.

1

The correct translation would be: "Usted estará aquí antes de lo esperado". Also "Usted estará acá antes de que se de cuenta smile... but the first sounds better in my opinion, it's more common in Spanish

edited by Benz
posted by Benz