HomeQ&ATo say "Cara is younger than Juli", would that be: "Cara es más menor que Juli" o "Cara es menor que Juli"??

To say "Cara is younger than Juli", would that be: "Cara es más menor que Juli" o "Cara es menor que Juli"??

2

To say "Cara is younger than Juli", would that be: "Cara es más menor que Juli" o "Cara es menor que Juli"?? I just finished the Spanish lesson about superlatives y comparisons. I still don't quite understand - do you always need to have "más" or "menos" when comparing? Or can you just say it like you would in English (better, worse, etc...without the "more" o "least" of "más" y "menos" added in)?? I don't know why I'm confused...I think I'll re-watch the video and see if I get it the second time around!

posted by dulce_letra

4

You would say "Cara es menor que Juli" because menor can mean "younger", so you don't need the "más" added on to it.

You need más for "más fuerte" (more strong-= stronger) or "más tarde" (more late= later) but you don't need it for menor.

Ken is also correct, you can say "más joven"- (more young = younger).

posted by Goyo
:-) - --Mariana--, JUL 4, 2010
Thanks for clarifying...I wasn't sure about using "más joven". :) - dulce_letra, JUL 4, 2010
4

Cara es más joven que Juli.

posted by kenwilliams