HomeQ&Ahow to say "would you like to have some toast" in spanish

how to say "would you like to have some toast" in spanish

1

posted by DavidAufiero

1

He said two tostadas for each of you.

That would explain the four orders. I'm not sure how you order toast only. Possibly dos pedasos de tostada por favor... 2 pieces of toast please. Or Un plato de tostada sin condimentos. An order of toast without condiments.

At least you should have had lots to eat.

posted by coolclay
I laughed, very strange, since Spanish is his first language, regionalisms...Since then I always say 'pan,pan, pan,'' - margaretbl, JUL 3, 2010
pedazos - samdie, JUL 4, 2010
0

Is that for sure the way to ask? In Mexico? A friend of mine ran into trouble saying that and ended up with a plate of a Mexican tostadas. (Actually 4 full plates - each one a 'meal' of a Mexican tostada with all the trimmings) because he had asked for 'Dos tostadas cada uno (me and him). I thought afterwards maybe he should have said 'Quisiera pan tostado'

posted by margaretbl
Definitly "pan tostado" in Mexico. - samdie, JUL 4, 2010
0

Quisiera(s) or Te gustaría "pan tostado" smile Toast

edited by Kiwi-Girl
posted by Kiwi-Girl
Brindado? There's another new one for me, to me brindar is 'to give a toast' like at a dinner! - margaretbl, JUL 3, 2010
María and I must be channeling each other. - 0074b507, JUL 4, 2010
lol it was new to me but Google turned it up as an alternative but now I can't find it again so I've removed it. Thanx for the comment that could have meant an embarrassing restaurant moment lol :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 4, 2010
0

Odd! When I first read the question I thought someone was asking if anyone would like to make a toast (brindar). I must have started my holiday partying a little too soon.

Aha, celebrating Spain's win are we? - margaretbl, JUL 4, 2010
Spain's what? Oh, you mean that silly game that no one pays attention to? No, I meant the 4th of July. - 0074b507, JUL 4, 2010
Isn't that right up there with Jai alai in popularity? HaHa, Heidita. I'm already in the corner! (taking my "corner shot") - 0074b507, JUL 4, 2010
0

It is a little like some differences between Canada and the US, here if we order fish and chips... it means fish and french fries, but in the US it is fish and a bag of potato chips or here if you order iced tea you get that powder iced tea where in the US its earl gray with ice in it. Here in a Mexican restaurant, if I ordered tostadas, I would not be expecting regular toast.

posted by coolclay
Haha, right. Funny re the iced tea, apparently ours (Cndn) is weird to them - margaretbl, JUL 3, 2010
0

¿Te gustaria tostada?

O

¿Quisieras tostada?

posted by Goyo
gustaría :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 3, 2010
0

¿Quisieras algo de tostada? or you could even say ¿Te gustaría tener algo de tostada? since you never stated the reason for wanting to have it (eat etc..)

edited by jeezzle
posted by jeezzle