HomeQ&AHas anyone got any advice on pronunciation for Spanish and the best way to practice it?

Has anyone got any advice on pronunciation for Spanish and the best way to practice it?

2

I want to find different ways of practicing pronunciation of Spainsh,. This is to try and find what way will suit me best and be effective. Thank you. grin grin

edited by --Mariana--
posted by ricky147
Ricky, don't forget to use proper punctuation and capitalization in your posts. Thanks! - --Mariana--, JUL 2, 2010

0

Hi Ricky.

Study the alphabet and practice the pronunciation of each letter. Especially the vowels!! Here’s a link to an article in the Reference section on how Spanish letters sound.

You should also listen to as much TV, radio, podcasts, etc. that you can to pick up the native accents and use them with your own speech.

Finally, read the news aloud (it's not as easy as it seems) and it will help you quite a bit when you begin speaking to other people. News can be found at Yahoo News in Spanish and CNN en español.

Buenos días licenciada... - LuisaGomezBartle, JUL 2, 2010
Buenos días, amiga! - --Mariana--, JUL 2, 2010
1

Hello,

I would recommend you to enunciate every letter. It might seem funny and you might look a little awkward, but it will help you sound out all the letters better. Try it with tongue twisters. That is what I did to better my accent in English.

posted by LuisaGomezBartle
thankyou ;) - ricky147, JUL 2, 2010