HomeQ&ANeed translation for song from Toy Story 3

Need translation for song from Toy Story 3

1

Hay un amigo en mí Hay un amigo en mí Cuando salgas a volar Hay un amigo en mí Sí, un amigo en mí Hay un amigo en mí … Hay un amigo en mí Hay un amigo en mí Cuando salgas a volar Hay un amigo en mí Sí, un amigo en mí Hay un amigo en mí … Hay muchos que pueden ser Un poco más listos Mas nunca habrá quien pueda ser Un amigo fiel Y tú lo sabes Los años pasarán Lo nuestro no morirá Lo vas a ver Mejor tener Un buen amigo en mí Hay un amigo en mí Un buen amigo en mí Hay un amigo en mi

posted by hyden1

0

Welcome to the forum.

There's a friend in me. (You've got a friend in me.) When you go out to fly. (When you spread your wings...when you take off) There are many who can be a little smarter but there will never be anyone who could be a faithful friend. And you know that the years will go by and what we have won't die. You'll see it's better to have a good friend in me.

posted by alba3
Thanks, alba3! I teach Kindergarten (half of class is ESOL) and they will all have seen the movie this summer. Just saw it--so cute! - hyden1, JUN 28, 2010
0

This is the English version they sing in the movie. I'm not sure how much of a direct translation the Spanish version is.

You've got a friend in me. You've got a friend in me. When the road looks rough ahead. And you're miles and miles from your nice warm bed. Just remember what your old pal said. Boy, you've got a friend in me. You've got a friend in me. You've got a friend in me. You've got a friend in me. You've got troubles, well I've got 'em too. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. We stick together and we see it through. You've got a friend in me. You've got a friend in me.

Some other folks might be a little bit smarter than I am. Bigger and stronger too. Maybe. But none of them will ever love you the way I do. It's me and you. And as the years go by, boys, our friendship will never die. You're gonna see. It's our destiny. You've got a friend in me. You've got a friend in me. You've got a friend in me.

edited by LT23NC
posted by LT23NC
Those are the words to the English version, silly - hyden1, JUN 28, 2010
So what are you asking for? You put up a Spanish version. Are you asking for a translation check? - LT23NC, JUN 28, 2010
Yes. What is exact translation--first line is something about flying but song doesn't make sense to a poor translator like me - hyden1, JUN 28, 2010
Could be about going off, not necessarily flying. Then English version is about being miles away from home. The Spanish version may be meaning a similar thing. Like: "When you go away, you've got a friend in me." - LT23NC, JUN 28, 2010