HomeQ&AI want to say 'You're next!' in the context of a threat!

I want to say 'You're next!' in the context of a threat!

3

I want to say 'You're next!' in the context of a threat! You know, like in one of those Friday the 13th slasher movies, or when someone says 'You're next!', as in 'next' on my list.

Usted está próxima.

Now here's the stupid question (sorry). Do I have to speak 'formal' (usted).

How do I just point my finger at someone and say, 'You're next!' without sounding like a spanish scholar.?

updated OCT 10, 2010
posted by doremi287

1

HI doremi, welcome to the forumgrin

¡Eres el próximo!

Eres la próxima.

Remember to use the correct genderwink

Thank You very much! - doremi287, JUN 26, 2010
Oh, and I would not use the formal usted in this case, a threat is normally not a formal thing;) - 00494d19, JUN 26, 2010
And as you are pointing the finger at the person, it would be wrong to use the pronoun! - 00494d19, JUN 26, 2010
2

What about .....

¡Tu sigues!

Would that work?

updated OCT 10, 2010
posted by patch
Yup, this one is the most threatening! - Lucho, JUN 26, 2010
1

What about "el siguiente" instead of "el próximo"? I thought since "next" literally means "following" as in, you will be the following one after this one....that siguiente would work well. Tu serás el siguiente...... is what I would say... is that wrong? I use the "tu" in order to add emphasis to the fact........ Gracias.

posted by jeezzle