Translation of a Colombiana Phrase

2

I love the way las Colombianas talk. Who can translate this phrase? "Ay bueno niña ciao ¡andale tonito! pues."

updated MAY 18, 2010
posted by gayland--Smith
This doesn't make much sense to me, but if anyone could translate it, megapyme could. He lives in Colombia.
I also love the Columbian accent.
This was taken from the Colombian telenovela "Sin Tetas No Hay Paraiso". A group of amigas were talking and one offended the other. The one then replied with the above which can be translated as "Chill girl. You don't have to be so angry with me!"

0

This was taken from the Colombian telenovela "Sin Tetas No Hay Paraiso". A group of amigas were talking and one offended the other. The one then replied with "Ay bueno niña ciao ¡andale tonito! pues." This can be translated as "Chill girl. You don't have to be so angry with me!" I loved the way it sounded so much that I saved the line to my i phone voice memos. I played it back for my Colombian girl friend who told me what it meant. If I knew how, I would upload a link of the voice memo so others could hear and enjoy the girl's accent. It is a good example of why I love this language so much.

updated MAY 18, 2010
edited by gayland--Smith
posted by gayland--Smith
0

I am going to assume that "tonito" is actually "Toñito", which is a diminutive for Tony, which in turn is short for Anthony or Antonio.

If so, then what we have is:

"Well ok, girl, bye! Let's go already Tony!"

updated MAY 18, 2010
posted by Gekkosan
0

I also don't understand what it means, but I want to know too. If megapyme has answered you by pm or something, could you post it so others can see?

updated MAY 18, 2010
edited by mamasita_s
posted by mamasita_s