HomeQ&Aif I am asking my spanish professor whether or not he agrees with me ( on anything) would I say.... Esta usted acerdo?

if I am asking my spanish professor whether or not he agrees with me ( on anything) would I say.... Esta usted acerdo?

1

I told my spanish professor about a problem with a particular assignment, and I wanted to know if he agreed with my reason, so my question is... Would I say...Esta usted acerdo?

updated MAR 14, 2010
posted by jjanssen

0

but why would I use " de" in front of it?

Estar de acuerdo (con álguien) = To agree (with someone)

Maybe something like "I am of agreement with you"

Un acuerdo = An agreement (noun)

Does this help, jjanssen?

By the way - welcome to the forum grin

updated MAR 14, 2010
posted by patch
Thank you, I love this form. It's my first year in Spanish Class and this site has helped me where the class and books dont - jjanssen, MAR 14, 2010
1

In English you wouldn't say:

I am agreement. We use in agreement.

Spanish happens to use de as their preposition.

Think of it as when we say we are in agreement. We are of one mind, or of one accord.

updated MAR 14, 2010
1

¿Está usted de acuerdo?

updated MAR 14, 2010
posted by patch
Thank you, I noticed I did mis-spell acuerdo, but why would I use " de" in front of it? can you translate that portion of the question? "de " I thought means of - jjanssen, MAR 14, 2010