HomeQ&AFrom my son's math homework: "Escribe la operacion de conversion para cada oracion numerica." This is followed by two equations, "9+1 = 10" and "3+6 =9." What is he supposed to do?

From my son's math homework: "Escribe la operacion de conversion para cada oracion numerica." This is followed by two equations, "9+1 = 10" and "3+6 =9." What is he supposed to do?

0

My son is a second grader; he has this problem in his homework: "Escribe la operacion de conversion para cada oracion numerica: 9+1 = 10." What is he supposed to do?

posted by antmom

2

Spell out all the numbers and symbols for the addition problem.

e.g. nine plus one equals ten

I guess his homework is in Spanish.

edited by 0068e2f4
posted by 0068e2f4
1

You haven't indicated on your profile page what your native language is. if your son is a native English speaker learning Spanish, he may be expected to write "Nueve más uno es igual a diez," but that seems a bit advanced for a second grader unless he's in an immersion school.

posted by AnnRon
Hi Ann. I don't know if you realize this, but this post is from 2009. I don't think they are still looking for answers. - rac1, FEB 5, 2017
Actually, no, I saw it on the front page and answered it without noticing the date. - AnnRon, FEB 5, 2017