La cárcel esta chapada a la antigua, la llevan a un cuarto en las oficinas; - corrections? improvements? either language

0

scene 186 ******************************************************

La cárcel esta chapada a la antigua, la llevan a un cuarto en las oficinas; el policía le pide que haga una declaración; ¿POR QUÉ lo había secuestrado?

The jail is old fashioned, she is taken to a room in the offices; the police ask her to make a statement; WHY had she kidnapped it?

Ella los mira al principio durante tiempo como si estuvieran locos; Se veia ligeramente salvaje, parecía como si ella no fuera a hablar.

She looks at them at first for a long time as if they were crazy; slightly wild looking, it seemed as if she wasn't going to speak.

El Sargento: “Mira señorita. Que nos diga ¿porque robaste el bebé?”

The Sargeant: “Look, miss. Now tell us: why did you rob the baby?

Azucena: "¿QUÉ quiere decir con eso? Es mi bebé. Mi bebé."

Azucena: “WHAT do you mean by that? It is my baby. My baby.”

El policía: “No diga eso, señorita, que no es cierto; es el bebé de esa señora de Xalitla; ella se estaba volviéndose loca, fue a la radio a preguntar si la gente sabía quién tomó a su bebé; "

Police Man: “Don’t tell us that, miss, that is not true; its that Xalitla lady's baby; she was going crazy, she was on the radio asking if people knew who took her baby; ”

El labio superior de Azucena temblaba. "Mi bebé", respondió. Los oficiales de la policía nada mas se mirában unos a otros.

Azucena’s upper lip quivered. "My baby", she responded. The police men were looking back and forth at each other.

updated OCT 25, 2009
edited by 00494d19
posted by Martin-Rizzi
Martin, please post in the correct catergory, I have to change you around all the time.
Thanks for that Heidita. I had not noticed that there were categories. Now I see.

0

I think that is a good translation. I could only see two big errors.

Los oficiales de la policía nada mas se mirában unos a otros.

The police men were looking back and forth at each other. You missed out the words (nada mas) no more.

Señora translates as Mrs. not as lady. señora de Xalitla : Mrs de Xalitla.

updated OCT 25, 2009
posted by 00515f39
thanks!
0

Did you use your knowledge to do this, or did you use a translation website? If you used online translation, I can assure you there is something wrong because they usually translate word for word.

updated OCT 25, 2009
posted by 16chuang
...this is an experimental text that grew out of a series of language-learning exercises in the 1990s;
the original derivation of parts of the text are not clear to me as the one most familiar with this document
Mexican village women would translate text back and forth using a Spanish English dictionary
At that tim,e the campesina women also translated into English large parts of Leonardo d Vinci's notebooks working out of the Dover Edition