HomeQ&ASaw VI, calificada X en España. Ban "Saw VI" for violence?

Saw VI, calificada X en España. Ban "Saw VI" for violence?

4

Saw VI, calificada como película X en España

Enlace

MADRID (Reuters) - La sexta entrega de la saga Saw ha recibido la calificación de película X en España por su alto contenido violento, lo que limitará su proyección a las salas X del país, si no prospera un recurso de la distribuidor

In Spain the film Saw VI will only be shown in *special cinemas for adult movies only due to its content of violence.*

CAMPAIGNERS are urging councils to bar horror film Saw VI as concerns mount over its grisly content. The certificate 18 movie, which has shocking scenes of murder and torture, is set for release at Halloween.

However local authorities are able to block films and Tory MP Julian Brazier has urged them to ban Saw VI.

What do you think? Ban "Saw VI" ??

updated Jan 11, 2010

5

Jespa said:

Somehow we need to find a way of protecting weaker members of society and especially children without removing personal responsibility from adult members of society.

I, personally, don't care for violent movies; however, I don't think we should start censoring them from the adult public.

On the other hand, I often ask myself, how can a theater get permission to show this awful, gruesome, horrific film when nudity and sex on film is banned? This gives the message that it's okay for our society (especially our children) to view a realistic murder scene, but naked bodies are prohibited. How does that make sense?

updated Jan 11, 2010
Estoy de acuerdo Marianne - Izanoni1, Oct 22, 2009
It doesn't and I have never understood why 'sex and violence' are grouped together as if equally bad! - Jespa, Oct 22, 2009
3

Just another example of a government saying "We don't trust or citizens to make decisions on thier own." I think people are smart enough to know if they can handle watching a violent movie or not.

updated Oct 23, 2009
posted by Seitheach
3

This seems like a very complex issue to me. Laws enforced by the government are born of the mores of society, as are philosphy ,ethics,religion and similar bodies of thought.

I am reading and agreeing with the idea of not wanting the government to make choices for me.

Then I think of what I do at work.I converse with people who do not have control of their actions because of psychotic thinking.Many have murdered in unimaginable ways. I hear how they incorporate the violent images in our media into their psychotic world and read the results in the newspaper.They live and move among us making the same choices about what to do in their life as we do but from an unimaginable perspective.

I also treat people that have pain with opioids, derivatives of the opium poppy which is the source of heroin.The next person on the schedule may be a heroin addict.And we all know there are intense governmental regulations and involvement around drug issues.

Personally I don't even want to watch the trailers for any of the Saw movies.I don't find that kind of evil entertaining especially since it exists in the world.

When I worked with the Navajo there was a strong cultural dictum not to verbalize negative concepts as that action may cause the negative to manifest. Similar to the idea of the power of positive thinking purported by Norman Vincent Peale to cite what may seem a more conservative, reserved source..When you start to consider the world more from the perspective of quantum rather than Newtonian physics these ideas rooted in empiricism start to make more of sense.

updated Oct 23, 2009
edited by nizhoni1
posted by nizhoni1
nice post nizho - 00494d19, Oct 23, 2009
I actually hate movies like this, all that blood and gore and stuff, not for me, I prefer some psicologial thrillers.... - 00494d19, Oct 23, 2009
great perspective nizhoni - Izanoni1, Oct 23, 2009
2

I love the gore, the more blood the better for me, and I am a peace loving hippie smile I don't see a problem with putting the movie in a special movie theater, however, there is a big problem with banning it. I also have a problem with banning any type of free speech, including the right to bare arms. We are a people that have grown up with our government telling us what is good and bad and right and wrong. When did the important role in society switch from the parent and the village to big brother?? I could go on for days, smile but I will stop!!

Peace, hehe!!

updated Oct 23, 2009
posted by sunshinzmommie
Tell me I'm not a hippie, 'cause I completely agree with you. - Seitheach, Oct 22, 2009
You are my soldier-hippie amigo :) - sunshinzmommie, Oct 22, 2009
Oh, and did I mention that all of this is just free press for the media industry??? - sunshinzmommie, Oct 22, 2009
Yes, please stop. The right to bare arms is not a free speech issue, it's a second amendment issue. - jrey0474, Oct 22, 2009
I was talking about the Bill of Rights in general....why do you feel as if you need to be rude to me? - sunshinzmommie, Oct 22, 2009
I just grow tired of the extraneous and erroneous political commentary when we're just trying to learn Spanish. But I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. - jrey0474, Oct 22, 2009
Well, if you are tired of it, don't read it. It helps me learn new vocabulary when I read posts in English and Spanish :) - sunshinzmommie, Oct 22, 2009
Unfortunately, I don't know what's written until I read it. If this was an NRA blog, maybe I would anticipate people discussing the right to bare arms as a form of speech... - jrey0474, Oct 22, 2009
... and be able to avoid it. - jrey0474, Oct 22, 2009
I am not trying to argue :) even though i enjoy it ;) What if you were a Spanish speaker learning English? You would have learned a new phrase! - sunshinzmommie, Oct 22, 2009
Very cute pug! - sunshinzmommie, Oct 22, 2009
I think it is spelled bear though...would you use llevar las armas? - sunshinzmommie, Oct 22, 2009
Thanks, Sunshinz, I'm glad you recognize that we're just having a discussion, and there are no hard feelings. - jrey0474, Oct 22, 2009
You're right; in fact, I support the right to "bare" arms. If I was learning English, I might have gotten the impression that the right to bear arms comes from the first amendment, so I corrected. - jrey0474, Oct 22, 2009
1

No me importa que algún creen, me encanta la pelicula Saw. Es muuuuy inteligente. The story and plot are very intricate if you look into it. Now, yes, some of it is hard to take in, but it's a good movie. ¡Muerte a los aborrecedores!

updated Oct 23, 2009
posted by DJ_Huero
Ahhh, a breath of fresh air in this otherwise smog infested thread. :) - Seitheach, Oct 23, 2009
1

Reglas del foro:

3). Keep your content clean and appropriate

Do not post offensive material (language, videos, usernames, pictures, etc.). Questions or Answers with offensive content will be deleted as this is a "family-oriented" forum and should be appropriate for all age levels. If you feel that for a correct translation you need to use "certain" words, avoid being explicit and use symbols (@#¢) to avoid spelling the entire word.

Response to a Question

Why ban movies like that? I love watching violent, gorey, grisley, demented and torture movies. I'm not evil or anything I just love horror movies.

Comments about this Response

Then you'd love some of the pictures I have from Iraq. smile

Is this really what is meant by "family oriented" and "appropriate for all age levels?"

I understand that the context of the question was in relation to a horror movie, but do you actually find it necessary or appropriate to talk about real life victims of war as though they were the same sort of spectacle, to be gawked at for personal pleasure and entertainment purposes?

Is that what this forum is about? Perhaps I am the only one who feels this way, but I think that (aside from all the political chatter), these comments are not only out of line but outrageous as well.

EDITED: reference to deleted text removed

Can we at least keep it civil guys?

updated Oct 23, 2009
edited by 00494d19
posted by Izanoni1
Couldn't agree more about the political commentary, and the Iraq pictures particularly. If you want to discuss controversial and extraneous political values in English, there are better venues. - jrey0474, Oct 22, 2009
I agree. - --Mariana--, Oct 23, 2009
1

Logically, dispassionately, I feel people should be allowed to make up their own minds. They don't have to watch it; and there is an off switch on the TV if it ever got that far!

But, life is not that simple, is it? Three problems with that policy;

• You don't want your children to watch it.
  • You don't want to encourage people in uncivilised / antisocial ways.
  • You don't want to feed already warped minds.

Think of the drugs parallel. Just how much suffering and misery would have been saved if heroin had never existed? It's a big price to pay for so-called feedom. Does this film enrich peoples lives in any way? If not it would have been better not to have made it in the first place and then we wouldn't have had the problem!

But it has been made and I don't think banning it is going to work. Those determined to see it will see it. Somehow we need to find a way of protecting weaker members of society and especially children without removing personal responsibility from adult members of society. (Which is what the UK government seems to be hell-bent on doing, incidentally!).

Gosh, that was a serious answer - but it was a serious question...

updated Oct 22, 2009
posted by Jespa
0

If you like horror, you can find movies that are not so violent like Alfred Hitchock In the famous shower scene from Psycho you never see the knife hit the woman. I don't blame Spain for banning the movie.

updated Oct 23, 2009
posted by BellaMargarita
0

What do you think?

Que pienso yo: es ridiculo a ver peliculas como esas. Ya los vi Saw I, y Saw II y ya estoy aburrido con este tipo de película. Ambos no eran novedosos ni nuevas. Si has visto una, has visto todas y después de la primera ¿porque hacer más? Claro que sí es para ganar más dinero y no para divirtir toda la gente que pagan veinte dólares para ver una película rehecho con materiales usados antes.

Por otra parte, entiendo que lo dice Seithbeach:

Y si cualquiera persona quiere echar a perder una buena noche y echar dinero a la basura entonces debería poder verla.

Pues en realidad, creo que hay mejores maneras para pasar dos horas y es dudoso que sea un buen idea que los niños y los adolesentes la vean.

Pienso que voy a ahorrarme $20 y dos horas. Y en vez de eso, voy a estudiar español o pasar tiempo con mi familia.

updated Oct 23, 2009
edited by Izanoni1
posted by Izanoni1
Then don't watch it. And don't let your children watch it. Do you think the government needs to make the decision for you? - Seitheach, Oct 22, 2009
Phil, didn't you see that Izanoni agreed with you?! - --Mariana--, Oct 23, 2009
0

updated Oct 23, 2009
edited by eric_collins
posted by eric_collins
Then you'd love some of the pictures I have from Iraq. :) - Seitheach, Oct 22, 2009
I love the gore, the more blood the better for me, and I am a peace loving hippie :) - sunshinzmommie, Oct 22, 2009
Why the flag for Phil? - Nicole-B, Oct 22, 2009
I'm guessing it's because real death and carnage are being compared to movie violence. I'm sure Seitheach is familiar with the difference, and just had a lapse in judgment. - jrey0474, Oct 22, 2009
Phil, that comment was not funny at all - 00494d19, Oct 23, 2009
Wasn't intended to be. - Seitheach, Oct 23, 2009
Phil, I know that when people are getting killed in a movie, that they are not really getting killed, it is a thing called acting. - eric_collins, Oct 23, 2009
0

I remember when the movie"A Clockwork Orange" came out many years ago, it was banned in Argentina for violent content. We had a military government at that time and they were not that flexible. We just traveled to Uruguay to watch it. If you ban a movie you jut make people more eager to watch it. If it's a violent and bad movie, nobody is going to watch it anyway. I personally have not watched any of the Saw movies. Just small parts were enough for me. I like horror movies, but the Saw movies are just morbid.

updated Oct 23, 2009
edited by 00e657d4
posted by 00e657d4
I agree - RicardoP, Oct 23, 2009
0

I agree with this, actually I have just commented on Phil's comment, not funny at all.

I thought this was a very simple topic, I wonder how war and religion got into this. confused

I have deleted the very rude and improper post by flopcat who has been advised to read the rules ,

updated Oct 23, 2009
0

¿Cuáles fueron las calificaciónes de las películas "Saw" anteriores, en España? Tuvieron "alto contenido violento" también, no?

updated Oct 22, 2009
posted by jrey0474
Eso digo yo, ridiculo si me preguntas a mí - 00494d19, Oct 22, 2009
0

I think this will just hike up the public's curiosity about the movie. They can ban it but Spaniards will still find ways to watch it.

updated Oct 22, 2009
posted by Deanski
yeah, I guess ...but not in normal cinemas...that would be a great loss for the company though...but they have protested and if it prospers, they had all this publicity for free - 00494d19, Oct 22, 2009
you can't be more right.. close to what happened with michael jordan's shoes before.. the nba banned jordan1, & sales just skyrocketed. - Deanski, Oct 22, 2009