Error in lesson 4.4 ?

1

In the speaking lesson on 4.4, the conditional perfect, the speaker says, "Había venido a tu fiesta pero no tenía un coche." This is an example of the past perfect or pluscuamperfecto (I had come) rather than the potencial compuesto or conditional perfect, isn't it?

Shouldn't it say, " Habría venido a tu fiesta pero no tenía un coche." ?

I would have come to your party but I did not have a car.

Gracias por tu ayuda.

updated OCT 23, 2009
edited by Issabela
posted by ipanema
Thank you for your post. Next time however, choose a different category - website feedback.

2

Thank you! I have fixed the text and will work on getting the audio file fixed today as well. If you ever find any errors, feel free to post them here. I get an email any time something is posted to that thread, so I can fix the error much faster that way. Again, thank you so much for letting me know!

updated OCT 23, 2009
posted by Paralee
1

Example of my point:

I re-watched the video to find the time stamp for this error. I could not find it. I checked to see if it was a Write section question for that lesson ..No luck. After looking around, I found it. It is the suggested answer given in the Speak section.

Había venido a tu fiesta, pero no tenía un coche.

I see that you did mention the "speaking lesson" in your original question. I took that to be a reference to the video. Please be a little more clear next time to avoid a lot of unnecessary searching, but thanks again for your post..

updated OCT 23, 2009
great, thanks, I am sure Paralee wil appreciate this
and yes, teh r is missing, imperfect is not possible here.
1

Please include the time sequence, as Q has already pointed out, I am going to post the error on Paralee¡s thread.

updated OCT 23, 2009
1

If you wish to report an error, Paralee has asked that you include the time stamp so she doesn't have to search the entire video to find the error to correct it.

You argument appears correct, though. Probably a typo. Paralee has a previous topic here for reporting errors. You need to look through it and see if this has already been reported.

updated OCT 23, 2009
0

Thank you. I will be more specific in the future.

updated OCT 23, 2009
posted by ipanema