HomeQ&A¿Necesito informar mis amigos que me cambié el nombre?

¿Necesito informar mis amigos que me cambié el nombre?

4

Mi amigos en SpanishDict.com son muy intelligente, y esto es una cosa muy fácil.

Entonces, quizá que mis amigos no necesitan este mensaje nada. Pero no quiero dar lugar a confusión.

Los razónes para cambiar son seguridad y simpatía. Me espero le gusta.

Goyo es apodo de Gregorio. ¡Me gusta mucho!

posted by Goyo
Not for me Greg. - ian-hill, OCT 8, 2009
De acuerdo! And a big 10-4. - Moe, OCT 8, 2009
Gregg, I think the subjunctive is warranted after espero. También, amigos with "le", hehe. - Eddy, OCT 15, 2009
Espero que os guste. - Eddy, OCT 15, 2009

3

Just as long as Goyo is as great a contributor to this web site as our old buddy Greg was, I see no problem! wink

First Johnjuan changes his name and now this. I need to come up with a new nickname. "Nicole" is so yesterday! tongue laugh

updated OCT 14, 2009
posted by Nicole-B
jaja - god_is_my_judge, OCT 8, 2009
Nicole is one of my favorite names ever. I wanted to name my daughter that. Or Rachel...from The Commish. jejeje. But my wife nixed both of them. That's OK I nxed a few too. - Goyo, OCT 8, 2009
1

I am not in favour of changing the user name, on other forums actually this option does not exist, rather confusing and a mess if you ask me.

At least you did not change your pic....but look at Phil, he is unrecognizable.

A mess, because the user names get repeated, we had a lot of problems with this at the beginning of the site, there were like a hundred James on the site and the PM function did not work, so all the members had to be "numbered", terrible amount of work.

Anyway, if it were for me, this option would not exist. A real nuisance. angry

I am really happy to see that old members like Ian and Quentin(he was one of the persons who HAD to change the name due to another quentin on the site), Moe, Valerie, Iker, Gus.....a lot more have not changed their old names....it is always nice to see old facessmilesmile

What would happen if I and Eddy changed our names and pics? Very confusing, you must admit...

updated OCT 15, 2009
edited by 00494d19
1

To me it sounds more interesting than Greg (maybe just because I've been well acquainted with the English equivalet). And it sounds more like fun smile

updated OCT 14, 2009
edited by Issabela
posted by Issabela
Great! Interesting and fun were definitely in the plan. ;-) - Goyo, OCT 8, 2009
1

Entonces, quizá que mis amigos no necesitan este mensaje nada.

The word nada is not needed. You could say no necesitan este mensaje para nada. But really it is not needed as far as I am concern..........

Pero no quiero dar lugar a confusión.I guess this sentence is grammatically correct-I am not sure of this. How about? no quiero causar confusión.........

No offense intended, who knows? I could be wrong- dead wrong.

Gus' Rule, Thee are no absolutes in language.

updated OCT 14, 2009
edited by 00769608
posted by 00769608
But what do you think about the new name?!! - Nicole-B, OCT 8, 2009
The name reminds me of "The Maja Desnuda" by Goya - 00769608, OCT 8, 2009
¿Por qué no La Maja Vestida? - Goyo, OCT 8, 2009
Francisco Goya painted two versions , I just happen to like the nude one better. I am not a peeping tom. That's my story and I am sticking to it. - 00769608, OCT 8, 2009
1

Just as long as Goyo is as great a contributor to this web site as our old buddy Greg was, I see no problem!

I agree! Goyo is fabulous, too.

updated OCT 14, 2009
You're too kind. ;) - Goyo, OCT 14, 2009
0

I remember meeting some people from a chat and forum that no longer exist a few years ago. The funny thing was that we called each other by our chat nicknames, although we knew our real names. And still, whenever I think of them, I do it using the nicknames.

updated OCT 15, 2009
posted by Issabela
0

I have tried editing my profile but it won't let me change my name, it says something about alphanumeric charachters whatever they are.

updated OCT 9, 2009
posted by kenwilliams
It wouldn't allow me to use accents. - Seitheach, OCT 9, 2009
Is Seitheach a celtic or gaelic word????? I've been wondering. - Valerie, OCT 9, 2009
0

I was under the impression that you could not change your original name on this site, so can I now assume that if I no longer want to be known on this site by my real name that I can change it to a nom de plume?

updated OCT 8, 2009
posted by kenwilliams
You can. Edit your profile. - Goyo, OCT 8, 2009
Thanks. - kenwilliams, OCT 8, 2009