What other language would you want to learn on Spanishdict?

14

If Spanishdict was to create another site, (similar to this one but for a different language) What language would you want to learn.

I know I would love it if there was a Frenchdict.

updated OCT 15, 2011
posted by piewackat
Yey! I am so glad you opened this thread! Keep it going!
i would love to learn british
You do mean english dont you? lol
no, lilcarmel122 meant british, they don't speak english over there like us from the US, they speak some strange dialect...jeje ;)
jejejejjem omg, cheesei, I hope our Eddy won't see this! lol
Yankee English is stranger than British English, at least you can usderstand Britians. I would last one day in the northern United States!
that kinda stabbed me in the heart cheesei lol Pity you cant edit your own comment...Id tell you to
¿Qué? Lo siento pero no entiendo.
rofl, ya know I'm just joking/havin fun right? :) not meant to be hurtful, just pokin fun at the people on the other side of the pond ;)
Like everybody would understand, "Put the lugage in the boot."

2

I'm already, besides Spanish, learning and studying English (I'm German), Russian, Japanese and Hebrew, so I would love to see these ones. smile

posted by Yahaira-Maitea
2

I would love to see RussianDict.com. I have friends in Russia who are working hard to learn English and I would like to learn a bit of Russian once I've completed all my Spanish courses.

Also, my husband is working in Kuwait and has been trying to learn Arabic. Apparently, many Americans are now trying to learn Arabic for work purposes. ArabicDict.com??

Both languages would be very difficult to learn because their alphabets are so different from our own. It would be quite interesting to have a better understanding of these 2 languages.

posted by LeeLee101
I like to learn Russian from these sites: MasterRussian.com and LearningRussian.net
2

If this is seriously considered, then German, French, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, or Russian would all be good choices.

Though, personally, I want to learn Vietnamese.

posted by webdunce
Russian would be difficult because of the rusian letters. We could write words phonetically, but that would be strange
There is a Russian keyboard, just like there's a Spanish one. Actually, learning the alphabet it quite easy, because like Spanish, the language is phonetic.
2

How about something lively like Latin or Esperanto?
Let's just live a good thing alone, let's not change it until it's broke. There are other sites to learn other languages, we are great because we specialize.
On the other hand if you really want to add another language, Hungarian would be good, no one would want to learn that. grin

posted by Zoltán
Actually, jo reggart..I have a Hungarian friend of your very name, Zoltan. (no diacritical mark in his English notes)
Both Italian and Hungarian
2

ItalianDict!!! I have Italian in me!!! Id love it

updated MAY 9, 2011
edited by john123456789
posted by john123456789
2

either chinese or french!!!

updated OCT 24, 2010
posted by idril66
2

I'd like italian. But truth be told I probably wouldn't focus too much on it because I just dont know how I would use it. I don't know anyone who speaks italian, and other that internet tv, I don't have italian tv.

updated OCT 24, 2010
posted by ChamacoMalo
2

TurkishDict would be awesome!

updated OCT 24, 2010
posted by emin
1

I am from The United States, and I speak English all the time non-stop, and belive me when I say it is a very fun language to speak. Also a big advantage if you are learning English is that a majority of mass media music is English, that is why forigen singers/bands such as ABBA and Nelly Furtado learned English to sing. I love Spanish also I heard a Spanish rock song not too long ago, and it was awesome! But back to the topic of another Dict... I still likeFrenchDict

posted by eric_collins
1

French and Italian

posted by Issabela
1

UrduDict!

posted by SonrisaDelSol
1

SpanishDict.com in other languages would most definitely become the number one site for learning each of those languages.

So I would go for whatever works and where solid support could be found. Finding staff members like Heidita, et al., and volunteers of Lazarus, Sanlee and so many others' caliber, is an immense challenge.

Here's hoping! grin

posted by territurtle
1

Swahilidict would be kind of cool because it's spoken by quite a few groups in East Africa and it has lovely words like "rafiki" for "friend."

posted by Luzbonita
1

I would go with Arabic...It's WIDELY spoken...and quite honestly, as a self-proclaimed ambassador of cooperation between cultures and religions, I've always wanted to learn Arabic. =)

ALSO!!! ASL! I've found sites with lessons for ASL, but it was hard to keep up with because it wasn't super structured...just here are the words, learn them. I think lessons in ASL set up like these ones would be very helpful. I know several people who sign, and my school is in the same sports league as the Washington State School for the Death, so I'd love to be able to communicate in this way. =)

posted by RebecaL
Ah, do we have a "Freudian slip" with the name of that school in Washingotn?
ASL actually came to mind, but I did not list it. Got my vote.
1

I would like RussianDict.com for me, and ChineseDict.com for my husband.

edited by KikeCS
posted by KikeCS