Por los profesores y los maestros

0

Por los profesores y los maestros de la escuela secundaria--

¿A cuántos alumnos enseña un profesor(maestro) típico en su escuela? ¿A cuántas aulas enseña en un día típico?

En mia escuela, en Indiana en los Estados Unidos, un profesor típico enseña séis aulas de 25 o 30 alumnos. Cada aula dura solamente cuatro y cinco minutos.

posted by keybordrfm

0

Though it is dismaying to realize how frequently I make errors, I do appreciate the chance to learn from them. This is what I tried to say: we ALL learn from mistakesm, our own or those of others. smile

I don't feel that I can adequately contribute much of value, and it can be embarrassing to display my ignorance so prominently, so I usually remain silent. I am confident from some of the private messages I have received, that I am not alone in this feeling.

You are right key, but we would like to encourage EVERYBODY to participate and especially in Spanish. I know it is depressing to get all the work back covered in red confused .....but then the next time it will be better.

I am sure you met Quentin. He dislikes posting in Spanish too, but I think I have more or less convinced him that it is really the ONLY way to learn.

Please do continue to post in Spanish, key, or in English, if you chose.

I am sure you have a lot to say smile

I'll try to "screw up my courage" and post in Spanish occasionally. I am sure that would encourage others to do the same grin I hope so anyway.

0

Thanks, Heidita and 'Rocco. (And Eric, for welcoming me.) As a teacher on summer break, I am spending far more hours on this site than I will have the time to do once school begins. grin And I DO appreciate the corrections. Though it is dismaying to realize how frequently I make errors, I do appreciate the chance to learn from them. And yes, 'Rocco, I think I understand the reasons for all of the changes you suggested. (Except para and por -- I don't think I'll ever get those straight!) Thank you for the care and time you take to provide me with feedback. We teachers all know that the KEY to real learning is prompt, effective feedback.

I just wanted you frequent posters to be aware that, given the discrepancy between the number of views and the number of replies for most topics, there are probably many people out there "lurking" who learn from the forum conversations but feel too intimidated to join in. The level of Spanish in these forum threads is usually quite high, at least compared to what I can comprehend. I don't feel that I can adequately contribute much of value, and it can be embarrassing to display my ignorance so prominently, so I usually remain silent. I am confident from some of the private messages I have received, that I am not alone in this feeling.

I'll try to "screw up my courage" and post in Spanish occasionally. And I'm sorry for creating a tempest in this teapot! Thanks again for your help. This really is a great site for learning Spanish.

posted by keybordrfm
0

If you were interested, key, rocco who has corrected your `post would sure be able to come up with explanations of your errors. Only way to learn in my humble opinion.

Certainly. I offered no explanations at the time because it appears to me that keybordr's level of Spanish is sufficient (pretty good, actually) to understand the corrections.

I apologize if I made her feel uncomfortable. My motive was simply to be helpful, as many have been and continue being with me. These forums are a semi-anonymous arena in which to learn, unlike a classroom. And with language especially, we have to make mistakes and be corrected to be able to see the differences (break the faulty connections) between our own language and the new one. (Heidita already commented on this.)

I assumed that since Mrs. keybordr is a teacher herself, with undoubtedly at least one degree to her credit, she would be comfortable, or at least familiar, with working through questions/problems in a group setting with correction/guidance offered by the professor along the way.

It used to be that students didn't take correction as a personal offense. However, with the "new learning" being pushed in this country, we are instructed not to tell "Johnny" that he is "wrong" if he says 2 + 2 = 5, lest we crush or damage his fragile sense of "self-worth." We are instructed instead to praise Johnny for his "uniqueness" of "self-expression." Our educational system is so focused on inculcating political correctness anymore that we exclude educating about any other kind of "correctness," be that mathematical, scientific, or linguistic. And perish the thought of even mentioning moral or ethical correctness!

Sorry, keybordr. smile It looks like you made soapboxes a popular thing on this thread. cool smile

We do not judge people on any kind of posts or frequency or ANYTHING at all on this site. We just try to help and Eric was trying to be kind by welcoming you.

This is a learning site and we do think the forum which accompanies the lessons like on no other forum, is a great tool to learn. You should continue posting...in Spanish! wink
Absolutely, keybordr! You are doing great. And I certainly didn't mean anything negative about your level of posting; I was just pointing out to Eric that some industrious people don't have hours a day to sit and post to this forum like a high school student on summer break does, and the fact that he hasn't seen you post before doesn't mean that you are not a long-standing, appreciated member of this forum.

We hope to see you as often as you are able on this forum, as we appreciate the valuable contribution of another member of the education field.

posted by hhmdirocco
0

4) Not to offend anyone, because I certainly learn from every kind person who edits my work and I greatly appreciate the time and thoughtfulness of those who do so ---|- but for some of us out here, putting our errors on public display is a bit unnerving. Therefore, I will not be posting often in Spanish. We respect this attitude but being a teacher yourself, Key, you know very well that it is the wrong attitude if you REALLY want to learn. On this forum we always suppose that people want to be corrected and there are many kind people who help out with this.

I have no one with whom to practice speaking and only a limited amount of time to devote to learning grammar, so my "pigeon Spanish" will no doubt remain so for quite some time. I am currently limiting my Spanish postings to livemocha.com, where corrections are generally only seen by the five or six people who choose to comment on your posting.

This is one of the things on livemocha which I find quite useless. I have been there and seen corrections made. They are not explained and there is no forum to check on why things are as they are pointed out. If you were interested, key, rocco who has corrected your `post would sure be able to come up with explanations of your errors. Only way to learn in my humble opinion.

But I would caution the reader from making judgments about persons using the site based solely upon their frequency of posts to the forum.

This has been said by a 13 year old, Key. We do not judge people on any kind of posts or frequency or ANYTHING at all on this site. We just try to help and Eric was trying to be kind by welcoming you.

0

This will have to be in English. My Spanish is just not up to the task yet.
1) I did not begin posting until I had been on the site for a while. I was trying to revive 35-year-old Spanish from high school by working through Paralee's excellent lessons.
2) I try not to post unless I have a question to which I cannot find the answer in the site resources.
3)Now that my Spanish has improved "un poquito", I may try, as I did in this case, to post a question appropriate to the population. The question arose because a Peruvian email pal of mine expressed interest in my student load. I wondered if teachers around the world had similar numbers of students or were coping with significantly different student loads. And I thought just MAYBE I could manage the challenge of posting the question in Spanish.
4) Not to offend anyone, because I certainly learn from every kind person who edits my work and I greatly appreciate the time and thoughtfulness of those who do so ---|- but for some of us out here, putting our errors on public display is a bit unnerving. Therefore, I will not be posting often in Spanish. I have no one with whom to practice speaking and only a limited amount of time to devote to learning grammar, so my "pigeon Spanish" will no doubt remain so for quite some time. I am currently limiting my Spanish postings to livemocha.com, where corrections are generally only seen by the five or six people who choose to comment on your posting.

I do like SpanishDict.com very much and I try to visit it every day or two. But I would caution the reader from making judgments about persons using the site based solely upon their frequency of posts to the forum. Now I will get off my soapbox. Thank you.

posted by keybordrfm
0

Si no hay profesores en el foro, entonces estoy en el lugar equivocado por esta pregunta. grin

Hola : como ya te ha indicado Quentin, yo soy profesora. Un día típico son unas 5 o seis clases al día, repartidos a lo largo del día. Las clases en España son hasta las 5 de la tarde. En cada clase tenemos unos 25 a 30 alumnos como en Estados Unidos según veo.

No harm, no foul. I'm sure Mrs. keybordr, like the rest of us, appreciates your enthusiasm for SpanishDict, and your dedication to learning Spanish.

Indeed, Eric is a very appreciated member of this forum. smile

0

Vale y lo siento Keybordfm

posted by eric_collins
0

Cada aula dura solamente cuatro y cinco minutos. I think you meant "Cada clase dura solamente cuarenta y cinco minutos."

Gracias por sus comentarios. Sí, deseo aprender cuántos estudiantes en cada clase y cuántas clases en un día típico en los varios (or, distintos, or diferentes) países.

Si no hay profesores en el foro, entonces estoy en el lugar equivocado para esta pregunta. grin

Ten paciencia. No te has equivocado. Hay maestros en el foro (como Heidita) pero no son todos de los EE.UU. (¿quieres saber de las clases de otros países')

Not bad, profesora keybordr. Just wait a little while, some of the other teachers will be along to comment later. Things get a little slow around here on Fridays/weekends.

You too, Q. Good to see you posting in Spanish.

posted by hhmdirocco
0

Hey there, Eric. Some people don't post very often like we do. But Mrs. keybordr has been a member of SpanishDict longer than you and I (you see that right under her post total).

posted by hhmdirocco
0

¡Hola y bienvenida al foro! Mi nombre es Eric.

Whom are you welcoming to the forum? She has 18 previous posts and I have a few more?

Well 18 posts in not very much, and that is also the first time that i have seen her on here.

posted by eric_collins
0

Gracias por sus comentarios. Sí, deseo aprender cuántos estudiantes en cada clase y cuántos clases en un día típica en los países varios.

Ten paciencia. No has equivocado. Hay maestros en el foro (como Heidita) pero no son todos de los EE.UU. (¿quieres saber de las clases extranjeras')

0

posted by keybordrfm
0

Whom are you welcoming to the forum? She has 18 previous posts and I have a few more'

0

**Para **los profesores y los maestros de la escuela secundaria--

aula=classroom
clase=class

I assume that you are asking how may classes/day are taught and not how many classrooms that you use in a day.

A grammatical note:
I believe that the short form possessive adjective is used before the noun and the long form possessive adjective is used after the noun.

En mi escuela
En la escuela mía

http://spanish.about.com/od/adjectives/a/long_form_possessive_adjectives.htm'nl=1

0

¡Hola y bienvenida al foro! Mi nomrbe es Eric.

posted by eric_collins