yo. 'yo'. This pronoun means 'I (subj)'. For example, 'Yo soy la ganadora!' / 'I am the winner!'. Yo.
Usually omitted as a personal pronoun in Spanish except for emphasis or contrast.
1. (sujeto) I
- yo me llamo Luis -> I'm called Luis
- soy yo -> it's me
- yo de ti/él/etc -> if I were you/him/etc
- yo que tú/ él/etc (informal) -> if I were you/him/etc
- el yo -> the ego
1. Yo mismo, I myself.
- Yo, el rey, -> the king
- Soy yo, it is I. Soy yo el que lo dice, -> am the one who says it
- Si yo fuera usted, if -> were you
- El yo -> the I, the ego
1 (sujeto) I
Carlos y yo no fuimos Carlos and I didn't go; yo no soy de los que exageran I'm not one to exaggerate; ¡y yo que confiaba en ti! and to think that I trusted you!; yo que tú if I were you; —¿quién es? —soy yo "who is it?" — "it's me"; —¿quién lo dijo? —yo no "who said that?" — "not me"; lo hice yo misma I did it myself
el yo the self; the ego
What could we do to improve?