Yo, what’s up? - Nothing. Just hanging out here.Hola, ¿qué tal? - Nada. Pasando el rato aquí.
2. (used to call someone's attention)
Yo soy su hermana. I am her sister.
2. (in comparisons)masculine noun
Ella es más joven que yo.She is younger than me.
Tu yo es tu esencia.Your ego is your essence.
Usually omitted as a personal pronoun in Spanish except for emphasis or contrast.
1. (sujeto) I
- yo me llamo Luis I'm called Luis
- soy yo it's me
- yo de ti/él/etc if I were you/him/etc
- yo que tú/ él/etc (informal) if I were you/him/etc
- el yo the ego
1 (sujeto) I
Carlos y yo no fuimos Carlos and I didn't go; yo no soy de los que exageran I'm not one to exaggerate; ¡y yo que confiaba en ti! and to think that I trusted you!; yo que tú if I were you; —¿quién es? —soy yo "who is it?" — "it's me"; —¿quién lo dijo? —yo no "who said that?" — "not me"; lo hice yo misma I did it myself
el yo the self; the ego
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?