Who were you with?phrase
1. (Who was with you?; used to address one person)
2. (Who was with you?; used to address multiple people)
a. ¿Con quién estaban? (plural)
Who were you with? - We were with the math teacher.¿Con quién estaban? - Estábamos con la profesora de matemáticas.
3. (Whose side were you on?; used to address one person)
a. ¿A quién apoyabas? (informal) (singular)
It was Real Madrid against Barcelona. - Who were you with?Era el Real Madrid contra el Barcelona. - ¿A quién apoyabas?
b. ¿A quién apoyaba? (formal) (singular)
The issue sparked a heated debate. Who were you with, Professor Cornell?La cuestión suscitó un acalorado debate. ¿A quién apoyaba, profesora Cornell?
4. (Whose side were you on?; used to address multiple people)
a. ¿A quién apoyaban? (plural)
We had to take sides. - Who were you with?Teníamos que tomar partido. - ¿A quién apoyaban?
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?