1. (informal) (imperative; singular)
Ven aquí, que te quiero enseñar una cosa.Come here. I want to show something to you.
2. (perceive with the eyes; third person plural)
3. (perceive with the eyes; second person plural)
a. you see
Si ven unas gafas de sol sin dueño, son las mías. Las he perdido.If you see a pair of sunglasses without an owner, they'll be mine. I've lost them.
4. (understand; third person plural)
a. they see
Si ven que soy trabajador y cumplidor, ¿por qué no iban a renovarme el contrato?If they see I'm hard-working and reliable, why wouldn't they renew my contract?
Cuando los alumnos ven que tomas en cuenta sus ideas, responden mejor.When students see that you take their opinions into consideration, they respond better.
5. (understand; second person plural)
a. you see
He intentado hacerles comprender la gravedad de la situación, pero solo ven lo que quieren ver.I've tried to make you understand the seriousness of the situation, but you only see what you choose to see.
Phrases with "ven"
Here are the most popular phrases with "ven." Click the phrases to see the full entry.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?