up and downadverb
1. (from one end to another)
Humberto looked me up and down in disgust. What's his problem?Humberto me miró de arriba a abajo con disgusto. ¿Cuál es su problema?
2. (into the air)
3. (from one location to another)
Samuel paced up and down the hospital waiting room.Samuel caminó nervioso de acá para allá en la sala de espera del hospital.
4. (from good to bad)
How is Vince feeling? - He's up and down, but he'll see a doctor next week.¿Cómo se siente Vince? - TIene altibajos, pero verá a un médico la semana que viene.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?