take a risk
take a riskphrase
1. (to run a risk)
Since I had little prior experience, they took a risk when they hired me.Como tenía poca experiencia anterior, se arriesgaron al contratarme.
The directors don't want to take a risk if it's not going to pay off.Los directores no quieren asumir un riesgo si no va a valer la pena.
2. (used to address more than one person)intransitive verb phrase
a. arriésguense (plural)
Be bold! Take a risk! This industry is for the innovative.¡Sean atrevidos! ¡Arriésguense! Esta industria es para el innovador.
3. (used to address one person)
a. arriésgate (informal) (singular)
Don't be such a square! Take a risk!¡No seas tan mojigato! ¡Arriésgate!
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?