run aboutintransitive verb phrase
1. (to run in different directions) (United Kingdom)
Everyone was running about and it was total chaos.Todo el mundo estaba correteando y era puro caos.
2. (to move about busily) (United Kingdom)
Anna was running about trying to find her shoes.Anna iba de aquí para allá en busca de sus zapatos.
I don't mind having to run about for my work because I get to see different parts of the city.No me molesta tener que correr de uno lado para otro porque me da la oportunidad de ver diferentes partes de la ciudad.
3. (pejorative) (to keep company; used with "with") (United Kingdom)transitive verb phrase
4. (to run in different directions around) (United Kingdom)
The kids ran about the field kicking the ball.Los jóvenes correteaban por el campo dándole patadas a la pelota.
5. (to move busily around)
I've been running about the city all day, and I've only just got home now.Llevo todo el día corriendo de un lado para otro por la ciudad y acabo de llegar a casa.
6. (to circulate around)
Whispers were running about the classroom, so the teacher turned round to see what was going on.Recorría un rumor por el aula, así que profesor volteó para ver qué ocurría.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?