1. (imperative; used to address one person)
2. (imperative; used to address multiple people)transitive verb phrase
a. vayan a (plural)
Ok, go to the festival, but please be careful.Bien, vayan al festival pero por favor tengan cuidado.
3. (used to express future intention)
a. ir a
I am going to ask Gemma to marry me.Voy a pedirle a Gemma que se case conmigo.
go to it! ¡adelante!; ¡empieza!
you needn't go to the expense of buying a new one no es preciso que te gastes dinero para comprar uno nuevo
they went to great expense to send her to a private school se metieron or (formal) incurrieron en muchos gastos para mandarla a un colegio privado
to go to (all) the trouble of doing sth tomarse la molestia de hacer algo
I went to a lot of trouble to get it for her me tomé muchas molestias para conseguírselo
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?