she was madphrase
1. (she was angry) (United States)
You should have seen mom when she saw the state of the kitchen. She was mad!Tenías que haber visto a mamá cuando vio cómo se dejó la cocina. ¡Estaba enojada!
b. estaba enfadada (Spain)
Did you hear our teacher? She was mad at us for playing a prank on her.¿Oíste a la profesora? Estaba enfadada con nosotros por haberle hecho una broma.
2. (she was enthusiastic)
a. estaba loca
My mom was shocked when Prince died. She was mad about him.A mi mamá le impactó mucho cuando murió Prince. Estaba loca por él.
3. (colloquial) (pejorative) (she was insane)
a. estaba loca (pejorative)
My aunt spent most of her life in an institution because she was mad.Mi tía se pasó la mayoría de su vida en un psiquiátrico porque estaba loca.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?