quedar bienintransitive verb phrase
1. (to create a favorable impression)
2. (to create a favorable impression on; used with "con")
Esta noche en la cena, recuerda que nos interesa quedar bien con ellos.This evening at dinner, don't forget we're interested in making a good impression on them.
b. to please
Intenté quedar bien con todo el mundo, pero al final nadie estaba contento.I tried to please everyone, but, in the end, no one was happy.
3. (to be flattering)
a. to look good
Para la señora mayor, este es un corte de pelo que puede quedar muy bien.For the older woman, this is a hairstyle that can look really good.
4. (to match; used with "con")transitive verb phrase
5. (to be flattering to)
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?